Hardin Marine Stainless water pump >

Hardin Marine Stainless water pump

Notices

Hardin Marine Stainless water pump

Old 06-23-2017, 08:37 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Have your kit in the house and will bring it to IBEX - I was going to ask Rick (CP) about it but really not worried currently. Crazy busy.
\
Is this Scott or ? - if you like you can PM or however if need to be. I m sure you know me already. Just saying. Thanks John

Last edited by BUP; 06-23-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

What brand of bearings are used with the Hardin Pump? What type of grease used? I've been leaning towards these lately.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have also change impellerhousing on my 600SCi to the new gen 5 Hardin stainless one! Pressure will not go over 18 PSI and so comes the guardian from the engine when turn over 4600 Rpm!
Have change 2 times against plastic impeller housing and pressure two times come back!
I found nothing wrong with the stainless hardin housing,but it produce not enough pressure! My engine needs minimum from 30 PSI to run 5200 and with 18 i have no chance.
Anyone have found out why the housings sometimes not work?
Bad building from some??
Michael
Old 06-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 465 Likes on 361 Posts

My Gen5/6 Hardin pump has some kind of hump in the casting which the composite does not. Installed the composite back this year and going to get some readings.

Raw water Pump
Old 06-09-2019, 02:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for info.I have the luck to get the pump fast out of the engine.So changed 2 times after check if all is good mounted.
I get with comoposite housing allways my pressure and so more waterflow back.I have no chance to use this Hardin housing i get as my engine go in the Guardian mode and reduce the power.Only 18 Psi from the hardin pump is not soooo bad but for smartcraft guardian to low.
By the way i make one test drive with blocked pressuresender that alltime show full psi.Engine run with this fine an get not hot.But water here very cold.Only 50 degree!
I think guys without pressure gauge dont notice direct the lower water flow.
Michael

Last edited by Brembofreak; 06-09-2019 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2019, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 251 Likes on 100 Posts

dont have any answers for this issue but i have the hardin gen 4 pumps mounted on teague brackets. i run over 30 psi at 5400 rpms. i run a thermostat. maybe the lack of a thermostat allows too much flow?
Old 06-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 405 Likes on 241 Posts

No answers either but I have the Hardin gen 7 pump and also get 30+psi.

Has anyone called Hardin about this? They were always helpful the few times I called.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brembofreak
I have also change impellerhousing on my 600SCi to the new gen 5 Hardin stainless one! Pressure will not go over 18 PSI and so comes the guardian from the engine when turn over 4600 Rpm!
Have change 2 times against plastic impeller housing and pressure two times come back!
I found nothing wrong with the stainless hardin housing,but it produce not enough pressure! My engine needs minimum from 30 PSI to run 5200 and with 18 i have no chance.
Anyone have found out why the housings sometimes not work?
Bad building from some??
Michael
My guess would be an air leak somewhere - think of trying to suck your soda through a straw when it has a crack in it. This just happened on my RV - at first I was blaming the new water pump - hardly pushed any water at all to the sink or shower. Turned out that there was an air leak between the pump and the water tank. Fixed that, and now it pumps like crazy!
Old 06-12-2019, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I switched from the plastic to the stainless a couple of years ago and I haven't noticed any difference in water or oil temp. But I made other modifications to my headers to allow them to flow more water. At idle I flow a ton of water out of my tips, more than I see out of other boats. I can't fit another gauge on my dash, I'll have to wire a toggle to my fuel pressure gauge and add a pressure sensor. Where should I install a transducer to get the best readings?
Old 06-12-2019, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 465 Likes on 361 Posts

I've mounted mine (mechanical gauge) with Tee on a block drain fitting, Tractionless placed his on the thermostat housing, and some day I will move mine to the stat housing to compare if there are any differences. Would provide difference in pressures with the SS and plastic, but when I went out for first time, I had a hose fitting a bit to loose, so need to take another run to compare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.