Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Help design me a speaker enclosure... Pics >

Help design me a speaker enclosure... Pics

Notices

Help design me a speaker enclosure... Pics

Old 08-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good friend has a similar setup, just more speakers. 4 pairs of Polk 2 ways in the cockpit. 2 pairs behind the bolsters, 1 pair by the driver/passenger, and 1 pair on the dash. While runing 50 mph he only has to turn the stereo up to around 22 (max 33) for it to be LOUD in the cockpit.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Want Speed
Thats what I thought...I hope so anyways!
You will be able to hear that very easy.

on my 28zx we took out the depth gauge and molded in 2, 5 or 6 inch speakers, left all my subs downstairs but with those two up on the dash everyone in my boat can hear every word.
you may consider mounting the larger sub type speakers on the sides next to the driver and passenger or putting them in the cabin for better sound, then mount the highs up in your enclosure on the dash.. I'll look around for a picture of what we did on mine.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered

here is a link to pics i posted of my install a few years ago, in between the two on the dash wash going to be a Tv but i liked the function of the mirror better. The stereo pics are 3 posts down
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/d...8-zx-sale.html
Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Registered

Thanks for the pics!

I am mounting my 2 - 12" subs in a sealed box under the rear seat... those should THUMP

I am putting one set of 5.25 components in that custom enclosure, and then a 6x9 in front of each bolster seat around the feet (passenger and driver) another set of 5.25 components will be mounted behind the bolster screaming at the rear seat. 2 more 6x9 will be mounted on either side of the subs under the seat.

All powered by a 1500W 5 channel Amp...

What yall think?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered

you might want to think about getting a second amp just for the subs. make sure to do a build thread when you start on it. it will be cool to watch it come to life on here.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Why you think I should get a second amp for the subs? @ 2 ohms the amp puts out 500W on the sub/mono channel and @2ohms it puts out 200W on the other 4 channels...
Old 08-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Registered

I am also going to upgrade the switches on my boat to newer 2008 style Baja Switch panel and add red LED lighting in the cockpit (a 48" long 120 LED strip) on either side of the cockpit under the gunwall. A third strip will be mounted in the engine compartment. I think I am going to try to make some sort of paneling inside the engine compartment to try to set the engine off more and hide the batteries and crap. Any Ideas?