Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   EMI install doesnt fit... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/218024-emi-install-doesnt-fit.html)

ballon78 10-04-2009 04:29 PM

EMI install doesnt fit...

installing emi thunders on a BBC and the manifolds hit powers steering pump, and fuel filter bracket on other side.

Which way do they mount up, long side of manifold front or back?? the lower water feed on stock merc is favored to the front of boat but do the emi's favoe to the rear??

Ghostrider 10-05-2009 02:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One's long side forward, the other is back on mine. The manifolds are both the same, just the low water input is reversed. Mine came with the rear water jacket outlets for the risers plugged so you just make sure the unplugged ends are forward to match the risers.

Good Luck!

ballon78 10-05-2009 07:00 AM

ok, thanks...kind off a half ass setup, you would think for 2000.00 they could make left and right and make them clear stock accessories.

proboat-wes 10-05-2009 07:17 AM

i deal with this all the time on these installs,if you get the shortest power steering belt possible,and loosen and turn the high pressure line at the pump,it will let the line come closer to the block and then it will just barely rub the manifold.you can also shim out the pump with just one or two washers and still let the belt work.hope this helps ..wes

jeffswav 10-05-2009 11:18 AM

When I did mine I had to bend the PS tube a little to get it to clear. Not that hard to bend, I did not have to modify anything else.

Wobble 10-05-2009 03:56 PM

Revolution and EMI sell a bracket that will reposition the ps pump. there are other brackets available also for ignition and shifter

bcfountain 10-05-2009 08:18 PM

the fix.

i just did a install on myboat.same problem w/the power stering line hitting the manafold.c p performance sells a #6 bango fitting to clear the manafold.no shimming,re-bending.nice clean fit.

Ghostrider 10-06-2009 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by bcfountain (Post 2967198)
i just did a install on myboat.same problem w/the power stering line hitting the manafold.c p performance sells a #6 bango fitting to clear the manafold.no shimming,re-bending.nice clean fit.

Why the hell didn't I think of that!!??

Great Idea! I'm going to head out and try and find one locally.

Cheers! :drink:

ballon78 10-06-2009 06:54 AM

well got it all installed, i bent the fitting but, once i pull out motor in few weeks ill do it the right way, just wanted to use the boat a few more times before winter. I had to shim the fuel filter bracket over 1/4 inch too, but it all fits. Also had to re drill the shifter bracket to mount that and the drive res. tank. all looks good, cant wait to hear the difference.

jeffswav 10-06-2009 05:20 PM

I relocated my shifter assembly to the transum. I did not have to shim my pump. I just bent it a little been running it that way for 5 years. My pump may be different than yours.