Silent choice with surface drives >

Silent choice with surface drives

Notices

Silent choice with surface drives

Old 04-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silent choice with surface drives

I have silent choice with bravos and going to Arneson ASD-8's and want to keep my silent choice. Has anyone seen this type of setup before? I need to know what to do on this one? I'm wondering if I just add a new exhaust pipe under below the water line.
Thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by ken sampson
I have silent choice with bravos and going to Arneson ASD-8's and want to keep my silent choice. Has anyone seen this type of setup before? I need to know what to do on this one? I'm wondering if I just add a new exhaust pipe under below the water line.
Thanks
i dont see this happening with the arneson's,their is no way to put the exhaust under the boat,it will act like a water pickup and force water back in..i think your best bet would be air operated mufflers..
Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Registered

Use turn downs, Kind of get the same effect as silent choice.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:50 AM
Registered

There's no good way to dump the exhaust under the waterline.
Turndowns will work, are very non-restrictive, but will beloud any time on plane.
You can get switchable mufflers to mount in the engine compartment or on the transom.
Or you could plumb your current system into a can style muffler. But that takes a lot of room in the engine compartment.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen something like a can on a Nor-Tech. Anyone have any info on the can type muffles?
Old 04-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Registered

I think I saw a pic of what you are talking about, but I'm thinking it was designed and built for the Nortech.
Most of the can style mufflers are made for smaller engines and generators. Sea Ray and one or 2 other manufacturers used them with BBC motors, but those are HUGE, and I think were specific for those manufactureres. Do a search, there are several companies (aqualift?) that build them. Maybe they have something that will fit.
Another thought, Formula built something similar into their swim platforms for quieting their exhaust.