Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   AN Fittings (where to purchase) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/228579-fittings-where-purchase.html)

getrdunn 04-17-2010 10:31 PM

AN Fittings (where to purchase)

I need to purchase numerous AN fittings and wondered who has the best pricing?
Thanks,
John

Airpacker 04-18-2010 07:28 AM

jegs. I looked around and needed a load of them. jegs worked out the best for $$

stevesxm 04-18-2010 08:36 AM

just remember to buy genuine aeroquip. the aftermarket stuff is inferior in most respects. the genuine aeroquip is more expensive for sure but will never let you down. the earls and house brand stuff is nowhere near as reliable.

i get my aeroquip from henry's engineering in md. google them and it will come right up. as for wayne.

cubicinches 04-18-2010 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by stevesxm (Post 3089957)
just remember to buy genuine aeroquip. the aftermarket stuff is inferior in most respects. the genuine aeroquip is more expensive for sure but will never let you down. the earls and house brand stuff is nowhere near as reliable.

Excellent advice. Russell is the only other I trust. The cheap stuff has no spec for fitting ID and flow. It's made to look good, not actually perform well. Not good when moving fuel or oil.

Griswald 04-18-2010 08:50 AM

you can also go to your local hydraulic supplier and get JIC fittings for 1/3 of the price

Smitty 04-18-2010 09:21 AM

I used Aeroquip brass and nickel plated fittings. Not as much bling factor, but about 1/3 rd the price.

As Griswald said any good local hydraulic hose shop can get them for you.

Smitty

getrdunn 04-18-2010 01:43 PM

Thanks guys,
I have been kicking it around for some time now what route I wanted to go and finally decided to go this way. The local TSC and automotive stores all choke down way to far. I don't need overkill on the size however would like to stay consistant.
I'll also post a pic of some stuff I bought off the board and may need a little advice on.
Thanks,
John

getrdunn 04-18-2010 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is 300 PSI -12 hose. I have plenty to do both engines however would need more fittings. I assume this is the type that slips on w/o clamps. Any opinions on using this for the engine oil?
Thanks,
John
I started to slip one AN fitting on without dipping in hot water and just got passed the first rib/barb and it goes on to stay. Seems like this would work just fine. Wasn't my plan to use it however all the hose is new and I would like to use it if possible.

tinman565 04-18-2010 03:31 PM

www.summitracing.com

I have never found anybody that beats their prices, and you usually get your stuff the next day. :drink:

getrdunn 04-18-2010 08:08 PM

The hose/line aboves description is Insta Grip 300 PSI, W.P. 3/4. I bought it off the board listed as -12 AN hose??? Just not sure if the hose and fittings are meant for each other. The hose appears to be what you'd use for water/heater application.

Thanks for the help. Also is it necessary to have stainless lines when using AN style fittings?

Are the 180 deg fittings above are for Push Loc or Twist Tite???

Thanks,
John