fuel pressure gauge install >

fuel pressure gauge install

Notices

fuel pressure gauge install

Old 05-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pressure gauge install

how do i install fuel pressure gauge at the dash,my question is how or where does the sending unit go on a 502 mpi,do i t into the shrader valve?thanks
Old 05-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ideally you should remove the schrader valve and thread the sender into that port. You can also get a "T" to go between the flared fuel hose and the rail with a small piece of tubing . I have also seen people drill and tap a new hole with pipe threading right in the rail.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ted G
Ideally you should remove the schrader valve and thread the sender into that port. You can also get a "T" to go between the flared fuel hose and the rail with a small piece of tubing . I have also seen people drill and tap a new hole with pipe threading right in the rail.
taking the scrader out and using that port is the easiest way i believe . but having said that, i wouldn't put the sender straight into the log. i would use a short length of proper hi press hose (not stainless teflon aeroquip ) w/ the appropriate fittings to act as a vibration damper between the motor and the sender. they are fragile little bastards and rigidly mounting them is a good path to early failure , unreliable readings as well as the possibility of leaks . i ran a length of -4 push lock such that i could soft mount the sender on the rear bulkhead
Old 05-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered

thanks,havnt bought the parts yet but this is the imfo i need to get started ,great help