500HP EFI with ProCharger ?s, Want to take it off >

500HP EFI with ProCharger ?s, Want to take it off

Notices

500HP EFI with ProCharger ?s, Want to take it off

Old 08-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 500HP EFI with ProCharger ?s, Want to take it off

Got some ?s and need some input here. Found a boat I am looking at buying. The boat is a 2005 War Hawk Cat with a 500Hp EFI. The past owner had added a M3SC ProCharger. This is where the problem lies. A couple weeks after putting this on he is involved in a accident and dies (not boat related). His wife now wants to sell the boat and I am interested. So far I have not been able to get any info on who installed it and/or what all has been done, if the ECM has been reprogramed, exc, exc. The boat and motor only has 42 hours on it and my thoughts are that I would want to put it back to stock for reliability. I dont know what all was changed out to put the ProCharger on and what needs to be done to put it back to stock. The wife also dont have in info on where or what happen to any of the stock parts that may have been taken off when the ProCharger was installed. WarHawk has since went out of business from what I am finding out. The boat is being offered to me at a very good price. Thanks for any input, help, or suggestions.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by 007mashburn
Got some ?s and need some input here. Found a boat I am looking at buying. The boat is a 2005 War Hawk Cat with a 500Hp EFI. The past owner had added a M3SC ProCharger. This is where the problem lies. A couple weeks after putting this on he is involved in a accident and dies (not boat related). His wife now wants to sell the boat and I am interested. So far I have not been able to get any info on who installed it and/or what all has been done, if the ECM has been reprogramed, exc, exc. The boat and motor only has 42 hours on it and my thoughts are that I would want to put it back to stock for reliability. I dont know what all was changed out to put the ProCharger on and what needs to be done to put it back to stock. The wife also dont have in info on where or what happen to any of the stock parts that may have been taken off when the ProCharger was installed. WarHawk has since went out of business from what I am finding out. The boat is being offered to me at a very good price. Thanks for any input, help, or suggestions.
I would just leave it on the boat,,youwill have to find the correct prop, ecm tune etc..buy it and take it to a person in your ares and check it out to see if it was properly installed and tuned..Then have a nice day spanking everybody on the lake
Old 08-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I did a 502 Mag MPI quite a few years ago. The owner was looking to sell it (it was a Powerquest to) and wanted to remove the Procharger. He didn't have any of the parts. Not only was it very time consuming and quite a pain to figure out what parts were missing, but it was very expensive. All of the parts that were removed had to be bought from Merc. and they are very proud of them. It was a couple thousand in parts to return it to stock.
Just a few of the parts that need to be purchased:
ecm tune, wiring, thermostat housing, thermostat and hoses, circulation pump and hoses, flame arrestor, fuel pump and hoses, alternator bracket, power steering pump bracket, tons of hardware (nuts, bolts, washers) water plumbing, fuel plumbing, etc.
I would just leave it on there. If you take it to someone that is familiar with Prochargers (like me) there is no reason that it can't be made to not only make a ton more power than stock, but be very reliable. There are a few items that need addressing above and beyond the Procharger kit. You must upgrade the entire fuel system. You must reprogram the ecm if it was not done, among other things. It really isn't that hard to do but Procharger won't tell you any of these things, nor is it in their instructions.
Give me a shout if I can help in any way. I just finished a Procharger install in a 26' Powerquest. It had a 502 Mag MPI. Here is a link to a thread the customer started after the job was completed.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...rformance.html

Good luck.
Eddie
Old 08-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default return to stock

if you dont buy pass on the seller information.

Very interested.

PS
I can make all the necessary changes very reasonable. Don't get spoofed by the hype. Have all the correct connections for OEM parts and have many in stock. Also validate you ECM VS OEM Calibrations and verify current ECM tunes.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input. Anyone have any stock parts I may need to put the motor back factory?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you are very good with finding FleaBay parts you prolly are better off leaving it as is. More than likely and with a couple of plug readings you can suspect or verify it was done right. I am sure a boater who would go to the trouble to do this install has a few buddies around that could tell you what was done. If you do elect to leave it as is, you should tell the insurance company what HP and speed you are running. With a major mod of SC without your inurance companies knowledge your ipolicy would be useless in the event of any claim.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Registered

Put an O2 bung in the exhaust and monitor your fuel ratio. This is the only right and safe way to get the ECM's programmed correct anyway. Jeff Wurl