Powder, paint, anodize or billet? >

Powder, paint, anodize or billet?

Notices

Powder, paint, anodize or billet?

Old 10-23-2010, 11:05 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the input. Wow, that Cig looks nice. I really like that polished stainless or chrome type of scheme, that's close to what I'm looking to do. Just one color, and the rest chrome or polished bright finish.

It sounds like powder is more durable than chrome, unless it's not done right. The powder coating on my Xtreme Marine Swim Platform started to come off third season by example, and that's supposed to be a top notch place. But when I called to see what they'd do about it, they said basically nothing. And that was a $3000 investment, so I'm nervous about all of this.

I'm just going to have to give local powder place a piece to try it out first, or see if he has something already done in powder chrome.

Thanks again for the input.

P.S. Cool sleigh Lee.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keith, The pulley's you saw where polished billet aluminum pulley's from IMCO. To further the "Look", I had them polished again locally and coated them with this product.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ZSP-9550R/

Local Hot Rodder turned me on to this stuff. He claims it lasts (the shine that is) for over two years. Does not dull the polished finish either.

Powder coating the polished surface is good, but be aware that the finish look does dull somewhat. Gives the appearance to me like a matte finish. But, it is very very durable and long lasting. And NO, you don't have to coat all of the surface either. Give Exotic Coatings in Romulus Michigan. Sterling and Sunsation uses this company.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:37 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Okay, I'm learning a few things here, thanks. I've been a little nervous about billet, thought it would pit and fade. Coating is key I suppose, seal it and protect it. Makes sense.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."