Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Top Speed for a 22' Daytona, or DCB Mach or other Tunnel? >

Top Speed for a 22' Daytona, or DCB Mach or other Tunnel?

Notices

Top Speed for a 22' Daytona, or DCB Mach or other Tunnel?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliments on my rig guys. I have had an 03 22 Daytona with a 496ho and a bravo 1. The boat ran the best of 82MPH with a light load of fuel and good temperatures. The boat was a solid 80MPH boat any day of the week.
My 07 new style 22 with a 496ho ran the best of 80MPH any day of the week, but I never saw any better. Dana Marine (they used my boat for a test mule on there exhaust manifold development) and Eliminator said it would do 83MPH.
I added a 650HP Raylar Whipple package to this boat and it ran 100MPH.
Finally I added the 950HP Whippled 540 to it and ran 127MPH with ease. I am sure it would do over 130. Sadly, a deposit should arrive today and the blower motor is sold. I will replace it with some stock Mercury power to help sell the boat.
I do not know what you want to spend, But give me a call, I can tell you about this boat and the older hull also. I think my 03 may be for sell as well.
Thanks Mitch 903-738-2007

Here is a pic of the old one

and the new one

Old 11-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Registered

Sold the blower motor already? Boat for sale? Man i cant keep up with you Mitch! LOL! We need to hook up one of these days and pound a few bullets and talk about the dunes!
Jason
Old 11-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jason35
Sold the blower motor already? Boat for sale? Man i cant keep up with you Mitch! LOL! We need to hook up one of these days and pound a few bullets and talk about the dunes!
Jason
Whats up Jason? My son is now ready for the dunes. I have a long travel Rhino and he has the small RZR 170. When the boat sells we are going riding for a couple of years. You need to meet us there. I will by the bullets.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 22 DAYTONA
Whats up Jason? My son is now ready for the dunes. I have a long travel Rhino and he has the small RZR 170. When the boat sells we are going riding for a couple of years. You need to meet us there. I will by the bullets.
Sounds good to me! I miss the dunes and the people down there! Sure had alot of fun there! Let me know when you go i need a good road trip. Hell never know might even get ol Dale off the girls long enough to come with me!LOL! Be safe and maybe see ya this summer(Between all the boatin im goin to do of course!)
Old 05-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Got my new toy!

So I did get the new toy, the 22 DCM Mach 22 with the 500 HP, having some fun!

Learing curve, first cat/tunnel

It has a 26" bravo, and I think I'm already bouncing the rev limiter (around 5,500-5,600 RPM) or maybe I'm triming it too much.

I have a 28 Bravo that I'll try, once I run down some of the 60 gallons of fuel (360 LBS of fuel) I never have to run with that much gas.

With my V bottom, I trim until I start loosing speed.

With the tunnel...not sure??? (have not over trimmed it yet, heavy boat does not get kitey at all)