Sea Water Pump KIT >

Sea Water Pump KIT

Notices

Sea Water Pump KIT

Old 03-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sea Water Pump KIT

Another question that may seem silly, but I will never know until I ask....

I have Bravo 1 drives on my boat and it has only been used in Lake Havasu. No I am wanting to take it out in the San Francisco Bay and need to know if need to change the impellers to the Sea Water KIT?

This is the kit I found:

How are Sea Water impeller any different then fresh water?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

i am far from an expert, but i've never seen "sea water" impellars. I have seen salt flush kits you can install to then flush out the salt water with fresh once you are done for the day. I thought the salt only impacts the metals, not the rubber.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BDiggity
i am far from an expert, but i've never seen "sea water" impellars. I have seen salt flush kits you can install to then flush out the salt water with fresh once you are done for the day. I thought the salt only impacts the metals, not the rubber.
Not silley 241 if you dont know, The impeller in your pump will be fine in both fresh or sea water dont forget to flush after you use in salt water hope this helps
Old 03-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Got it. I was confused because some call them SEA water and some call them FRESH water. In short, all the impeller does is move the water to the water pump that in turn moves it through the engine.... Isn't that correct? And as long as after going in the ocean, I flush both drives, there should not be any issues.