Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Is 212* rating for Fragola Push-Lok hose sufficient for oil cooler line? >

Is 212* rating for Fragola Push-Lok hose sufficient for oil cooler line?

Notices

Is 212* rating for Fragola Push-Lok hose sufficient for oil cooler line?

Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Budman II I'm at this same point now and am curious as to what you ended up doing?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well so far after a year my pushlock hoses are great....SO much easier to work with than S/S....
Old 06-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
well so far after a year my pushlock hoses are great....SO much easier to work with than S/S....
You used them for your oil lines? What's the application? Engine size/power?

I've heard great things about them and was planning to use them, just want some reassurance
Old 06-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i have used it for years with no issues.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Registered

I redid my fuel lines using the Aeroquip AQP SOCKETLESS hoses and fittings 2 years ago and have had zero problems with it. 300f & 25psi. It looks good and was easy to work with.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AER-FCV0815
Old 06-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
Hey Budman II I'm at this same point now and am curious as to what you ended up doing?
Jason, I ended up going with a SS braided hose and AN fittings - can't remember the brand, think it was Aeroquip. In a #10 size hose, they are a bit of a ***** to work with, especially if you have a tight curve to make.

FWIW, I also did a lot of research on oil lines, coolers, etc. I had a lot of people tell me that I might encounter problems running the stock Merc oil cooler and lines with a high output engine. I built a fairly warmed up 489 - square port, Holley 800, Lightnings, and hyd roller with specs similar to the 500 EFI cam. I retained the stock Merc combo oil / PS cooler, but to help with flow I eliminated the stock Merc lines and fittings and moved the oil filter down to a thermostatic sandwich adapter on the block. I figured oil flow would be my biggest issue, and the #10 AN fittings should help with that. My oil temp gauge generally hangs around 185* when running it easy, and it goes as high as 220* if I am deep into the secondaries and running above 4000 RPM for several minutes. I haven't really leaned on it full throttle yet for any extended length of time, because I just now got over the 15 hour mark on the engine and have not done any plug readings. It's not my style to go WFO "poker run style" for extended periods anyway. Right now, I am confident that my setup will keep my oil temps under control. Just thought that bit of info might be useful for someone else who is putting together a mild - warm build.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Budman II
Jason, I ended up going with a SS braided hose and AN fittings - can't remember the brand, think it was Aeroquip. In a #10 size hose, they are a bit of a ***** to work with, especially if you have a tight curve to make.

FWIW, I also did a lot of research on oil lines, coolers, etc. I had a lot of people tell me that I might encounter problems running the stock Merc oil cooler and lines with a high output engine. I built a fairly warmed up 489 - square port, Holley 800, Lightnings, and hyd roller with specs similar to the 500 EFI cam. I retained the stock Merc combo oil / PS cooler, but to help with flow I eliminated the stock Merc lines and fittings and moved the oil filter down to a thermostatic sandwich adapter on the block. I figured oil flow would be my biggest issue, and the #10 AN fittings should help with that. My oil temp gauge generally hangs around 185* when running it easy, and it goes as high as 220* if I am deep into the secondaries and running above 4000 RPM for several minutes. I haven't really leaned on it full throttle yet for any extended length of time, because I just now got over the 15 hour mark on the engine and have not done any plug readings. It's not my style to go WFO "poker run style" for extended periods anyway. Right now, I am confident that my setup will keep my oil temps under control. Just thought that bit of info might be useful for someone else who is putting together a mild - warm build.
Thanks for the info Budman! I think I might go with the Aeroquip socketless hose which is rated up to 300*...that should do it I think.

Good info on the oil system too. I have bellhousing coolers and I think with the line upgrade should be pretty well set.

Thanks again!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have procharged 509...yes all oil lines #10, love the hoses
Old 06-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I have procharged 509...yes all oil lines #10, love the hoses
Ezstripper what brand Push-Lok hose did you go with?
Old 06-28-2012, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I guess you did it with stainless so it doesn't matter. But, Fragola's push on series 8000 is rated at 300 degrees. It has a black nylon coating on it and is very light weight as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.