Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Where to draw power for electric choke and fuel pump? >

Where to draw power for electric choke and fuel pump?

Notices

Where to draw power for electric choke and fuel pump?

Old 06-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
I have not really decided which hole to use. The large one seemed logical, but I agree that the smaller one requires less travel by virtue of being closer to the pivot point. I need to get someone else in the boat to work the throttle for my while I observe the cable travel alongside the throttle lever travel.

What's the fitting circled in blue?
that fitting is one i circled in another thread asking if thats where i should run my mech fuel pump vent hose, i just robbed that picture from that thread to stick in here!

as for the trim pump, man i thought for sure mine was only live when the key was on??? probably just my bad memory again........
Old 06-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

just went thru this as well, both my pump and choke are running of a oil pressure switch and 30 amp relay that is tied to the ignition. it wont pump fuel until it reaches 15 psi or so, if you want i can post pics and make a half assed schematic for you. as far as the throttle linkage jegs sells the piece you need to use the big hole on the throttle arm for like 8 dollars, call them up and they can give you a part number so you can look it up and see it before you order it
Old 06-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
just went thru this as well, both my pump and choke are running of a oil pressure switch and 30 amp relay that is tied to the ignition. it wont pump fuel until it reaches 15 psi or so, if you want i can post pics and make a half assed schematic for you. as far as the throttle linkage jegs sells the piece you need to use the big hole on the throttle arm for like 8 dollars, call them up and they can give you a part number so you can look it up and see it before you order it
Hey Dave!

I would love to see some pictures and a half-assed schematic. It would go perfectly with my half-assed boat!

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
Hey Dave!

I would love to see some pictures and a half-assed schematic. It would go perfectly with my half-assed boat!

Thanks!
I will get pics tomorrow and try to make a schematic that you can follow or if you would like pm me your email and phone number and we can talk about it that way, I do much better on the phone than trying to type things out, or draw pictures lol