Put-In-Bay info >

Put-In-Bay info

Notices

Put-In-Bay info

Old 05-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Put-In-Bay info

We will be going to Put in Bay Memorial day weekend and would like all the info we can get. Two boats are going and we have never been before. We are staying on Middle Bass Island at St Hazards Condos(Any good??).

First question would be where is a good place to put in at and keep our truck and trailers the weekend? A safe, lighted place would be good!

Any things to look out for such as rocks in the water? Someone told me they were driving a pontoon boat and all of a sudden hit a big rock just under the water.

Any good maps to take with us? Anything we can print off line?

Any information would be great! Thanks.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I would pick up the charts, or go with someone who knows their way around. There are not many places to get you into trouble, but there are a few.

here is the NOAA chart...

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14844.shtml

There is a very very good chance we will be heading up there that weekend as well. We usually put in either at Catawba Island or Mazurik access. I have never had any trouble leaving the rig over the weekend at either. We sometimes put in in Sandusky, but the ride is a little longer over to the islands.

When day are you planning on going up? If we are going to be there at the same time I would be happy to show you around. Feel free to call me if you like, if nothing else give me a shout when you're at PIB and we can grab a cold one. We will be on B-Dock right downtown.

740 504 eight-eight-five-five

Last edited by RT930turbo; 05-03-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
I would pick up the charts, or go with someone who knows their way around. There are not many places to get you into trouble, but there are a few.

here is the NOAA chart...

http://www.charts.noaa.gov/OnLineViewer/14844.shtml

There is a very very good chance we will be heading up there that weekend as well. We usually put in either at Catawba Island or Mazurik access. I have never had any trouble leaving the rig over the weekend at either. We sometimes put in in Sandusky, but the ride is a little longer over to the islands.

When day are you planning on going up? If we are going to be there at the same time I would be happy to show you around. Feel free to call me if you like, if nothing else give me a shout when you're at PIB and we can grab a cold one. We will be on B-Dock right downtown.

740 504 eight-eight-five-five
We are going up from Cincinnati on Friday the 27th. We should arrive around 4 or 5. We are staying until monday sometime. I would love to meet up and have you show us around.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

friends don't let friends wear buckets.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
We are going up from Cincinnati on Friday the 27th. We should arrive around 4 or 5. We are staying until monday sometime. I would love to meet up and have you show us around.
Give me a call Friday, depending on how work goes I should be at the ramp around 5. If the timing works out, you can follow us over to the islands if you want.

Originally Posted by phragle
friends don't let friends wear buckets.
But friends do buy friends buckets to drink from
Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fountain Family
We will be going to Put in Bay Memorial day weekend and would like all the info we can get. Two boats are going and we have never been before. We are staying on Middle Bass Island at St Hazards Condos(Any good??).

First question would be where is a good place to put in at and keep our truck and trailers the weekend? A safe, lighted place would be good!

Any things to look out for such as rocks in the water? Someone told me they were driving a pontoon boat and all of a sudden hit a big rock just under the water.

Any good maps to take with us? Anything we can print off line?

Any information would be great! Thanks.
Ill be up there we stay in Marblehead Ill show you around pm me
Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

I agree to stay at PIB if you can. Don't drive back and forth from Middle Bass to South Bass, take the Sunny D ferry, then everyone can have fun!

Middle Bass has a new Marina, never stayed there with a boat but we stay at ST Hazards once a year. Do you have GPS? Everything is pretty well marked over there, just stay clear from the shoreline!

I hope you survive the Roundhouse, we'll see you up there!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I agree to stay at PIB if you can. Don't drive back and forth from Middle Bass to South Bass, take the Sunny D ferry, then everyone can have fun!

Middle Bass has a new Marina, never stayed there with a boat but we stay at ST Hazards once a year. Do you have GPS? Everything is pretty well marked over there, just stay clear from the shoreline!

I hope you survive the Roundhouse, we'll see you up there!
My buddy has GPS in his boat. So we are good there.

Roundhouse? More info on that please.

St Hazards said your room came with a slip. i need to call them an ask them more about it. I guess it is the marina right next to the condos. How was your experience with St. hazards. There are mixed reviews on line. We plan on not being there that much. We will be on the boat the most of the time. Also What is the latest ferry from PIB to Middle bass island??

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

http://www.theroundhousebar.com/

Sonny S schedule:

http://www.sonny-s.com/schedulemain.htm
Old 05-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

We stayed in the large place (pic on left hand side, yellow roof) You can see it facing PIB on the ride into the bay. We always had a great time there, these are the privately owned condos that people rent by the weekend/week.

http://www.sthazards.com/lake-erie-villa-rentals.php

Not sure there is a sifficient marina next to the condos. There's only one marine that can handle your boat, the state park. I've never docked there, I suppose it would be fine, not a complete facility though.

St Hazards is a good time when it's warm. Cool outside bar, pool. There's about 15 places to frequent at PIB, the Roundhouse is just a start, or a finish, depending on if you're a Marathon man or sprinter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.