oil filter change oil pressure loss >

oil filter change oil pressure loss

Notices

oil filter change oil pressure loss

Old 07-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
well can't put the old one back on..already shipped it back for the leak issue, before ever started and noticed the lower OP, should know this weekend what the napa filter change did, to me the issue has to be the mount or the filter...only thing changed....was also wondering what diff the relief valves were in the ford vs chevy filters ?? I did put the 30 psi in the gen VI block and using a canton block mount, #10 lines, total run less than 5', eddie marine large 3" cooler.
so.................. eactly what was the configuration start to finish when it worked versus the configuration when it STOPPED working ? was it just the remote assy or a whole list of stuff ?
Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Registered

If the filter makes no diff you need to verify the pressure you're seeing with a mechanical gage.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok..was the A/C filter...fired it up with the napa gold right back to 60+ psi....so A/C delco filters real restrictive ???
Old 07-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

ok..was the A/C filter...fired it up with the napa gold right back to 60+ psi....so A/C delco filters real restrictive ???
You are using the exact sutup as I am, canton block mount, 10an lines, EMI 3" oil cooler. Try the Amsoil 15/40 marine diesel oil, and one of there filters. I can get them for you if you need.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

I'm using rotella diesel 14/40 oil...so close !
Old 07-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

if so that is very very scary. you are saying that an commercially sold filter for , what is essentially and off the shelf , box stock oil system with off the shelf box stock demands has a flow capacity that is inadequate ? no safety margin at ALL ?

not doubting what you see with your own eyes but for me that is simply unbelieveable.

but well done for fixing it and glad it was that simple...
Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered

yeap...and the newer A/C delco are no longer the short 25 and the long 35 replaced by a new # that is medium lenth !!!
Old 07-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

yeap...and the newer A/C delco are no longer the short 25 and the long 35 replaced by a new # that is medium lenth !!!
AC filters are paper media, nothing special about them.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeffswav
AC filters are paper media, nothing special about them.
right... and the conclusion here is that everything on the pressure side ( inlet) of the filter has neither sufficient pressure nor flow rate to push enough oil thru that media at a rate such that it services the loss rate on the demand side... and as such, loses pressure on that side...

i'm sorry... this sounds like a " frogs with no legs go deaf" deal to me... i can't help but think there is something else going on. i mean really... no engineer in his right mind nor any manufacturer will make a product like that doesn't have a 500 % safety margin. if minimums are 2 gals per minute then they design and build for 10... what you are saying is that AC delco ( not the wo fat oil filter company of shanghai) has built and is selling a filter with less capacity than is required in a box stock application...

i have to believe you because you are the one holding the parts in your hand but it makes no sense to me at all...

and... if i really believe this happend, then the very next thing i do is get on the phone to ac delco and get someone in tech support and ***** and moan and ship that bastard back to them. they will prob send you a case of filters but beyond that you might get some sort of legitimate answer... i would be compelled to know...

Last edited by stevesxm; 07-25-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered

well steve..I really don't give a crap weather you believe it happened or not...now just posting for info only..take it or leave it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.