Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Muffler help needed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/260162-muffler-help-needed.html)

Whassup 08-13-2011 08:41 AM

Muffler help needed

I just purchased a 32' sunsation with twin 497 ho's with CMI headers. And i have to get the nosie level under 90db at idle to be legal on lake george, so heres my question, should i do inline, clampon or transom mount. Right now i like the way it look it has 4" inside then 5" tips on out side. So inline might be cool. But i would have to cut stainless extensions inside. I will do it butseems like alot of work, but i could keep the 5" outside look. Second question is which brand? First concern is, i dont want power loss and second would be price. The ones i have looked online at are. CMI(which i here have power loss), Corsa, Gibson(large), Keith Ekerert(like those the best so far not sure whos they are), Lavorsi, Hardin Marine, Borla.
Ya holy cow which ones will cut my DB's down and not loose power for a good price...

redbud35 08-13-2011 10:09 AM

i have 2 sets of slip in Hardin silencers that have never been used. They should work for you. Not supposed to lose power. Let me know if your interested.

Raylar 08-13-2011 10:17 AM

Any performance boater who needs quality stainless mufflers that really work and do not seem to cost any power needs to talk to Aqua Power Ltd. I have now referred about 4-5 customers and they all call back or email and talk about how well they are made, how well they work. I really like it when a product is the "Real Deal"
www.aquapowerltd.com

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Whassup 08-13-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Raylar (Post 3477720)
Any performance boater who needs quality stainless mufflers that really work and do not seem to cost any power needs to talk to Aqua Power Ltd. I have now referred about 4-5 customers and they all call back or email and talk about how well they are made, how well they work. I really like it when a product is the "Real Deal"
www.aquapowerltd.com
Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Thanks Ray ill take a look, what do u think the best is clamp on or inline for what i want

Young Performance 08-13-2011 01:44 PM

I have used quite a few GGB mufflers in the past and was really pleased with them. I installed a couple sets on my 750's and had no speed loss. They really quited the engines down. The customer was very happy. I like to hear the noise, but I know it's not always possible.
They aren't cheap, but are very well built. They have a transom mount that takes the place of the tip. I believe they are either 5 or 6" diameter, so that may work if you like the larger look. I don't remember exactly since it has been a while. Check them out.
Eddie

Whassup 08-13-2011 09:52 PM

Thanks for the info, really am leaning toward an inline muffler style. I really love that 5" out the back.