Guys with BOOST, what mech fuel pump?? >

Guys with BOOST, what mech fuel pump??

Notices

Guys with BOOST, what mech fuel pump??

Old 08-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Guys with BOOST, what mech fuel pump??

Just curious as to what mechanical pump you guys that are running a boosted set up are using?? Looking at about 615ish HP(sbc), looking for a good mechanical( not belt driven) pump.. Post up please or let me have some info..

Thank you

John jr
Old 08-17-2011, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can't help you on the mech I run a aeromotive 1000 and boost referenced regulator with return to tank..
Old 08-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Depending on what GEN block you have, you may not have many options. I have a GEN V block and there isn't a pump mount on the block. When you say boost are you referring to a pressurized induction? If so then electric with boost referenced regulator. If you are referring to boosted hp then you can run the Merc HP pump it's good for at least 120gph. I'll be pushing 700+ when I'm done with a Merc pump.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

not to hi jack your thread..but I just changed over to an electric pump...should I be running a boost referenced regulator instead of a standard one? what does it do different?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

You will need a 6 port high volume like a Holley, most are 110 gph, probably need a regulator also
Old 08-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

I really want to stay away from a electric pump. Not that they are bad, I just do not like the idea of them on a boat.. The carb will be in a blower box that is being pressurized.. Yes I am aware that I will want a boost ref regulator.

Thanks
John jr
Old 08-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

then in that case you HAVE to run a electric and a boost referenced regulator !!! if you don't when you make boost the enclosed carb will force the fuel pressure down to nothing and lean out then bad things are going to happen....with a non pressurized carb not the same deal...just need to maintain the correct fuel pressure 6-7....pressurized MUST increase fuel pressure 1 lb per pound of boost from the 6-7...
Old 08-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Buy the meaning pressurized, is this because the carb is in the box?? What if it is changed out for a blower hat??

John jr
Old 08-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered

If you have a block with a fuel pump mount, you can run a Stewart Racing Pump and regulator. This is a mechanical pump that can put out enough pressure and flow for a pressurized EFI system. The regulator is accurate enough so you can use a mechanical pump with EFI. It's the way I would go if I could, GEN V blocks don't have the fuel pump mount on the block.

http://www.racepumps.com/MarineIndex.html
Old 08-18-2011, 07:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drock78
not to hi jack your thread..but I just changed over to an electric pump...should I be running a boost referenced regulator instead of a standard one? what does it do different?
You only need to run boost referenced if you are pressurizing the carb or EFI system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.