IMP Powerboats >

IMP Powerboats

Notices

IMP Powerboats

Old 09-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy IMP Powerboats

Hello gentlemen...and I am using that term lightly!
I have noticed quite a few IMP 31' Vipers for sale on a many of the classified sites and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these boats. I think they have a nice line but know absolutely nothing about them. The last time I asked a question about a particular boat, it was the 31' "Aero-Tek" and it apparently brought back some bad memories to some here on OSO. I HOPE NOT TO DO THAT AGAIN!!!!

Ted
Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know much about them...but have seen a few and i always thought they looked really cool for the size
Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

I have a 1998 pretty decent build quality. Heavy boat. Great for the LOTO. Mine has the McLeod interior very nice. Have procharged 454 mpi's see 77 on speedo.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Had the chance to use one for the boating season about 4 years ago when my formula blew and engine under warranty. Dealer had a 97 model with 310 fuel injected 454's that he let me borrow. Nice build quality, fairly heavy though. McCleod interior was nice, but I always felt like the hatch was a little too steep for the way we boat, kind of hard to walk across. This one had K-planes and air actuated exhaust, that was pretty handy. The boat rode very nice and I would see mid 60's around 4300 rpm (25 pitch mirage plusses).
Old 09-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Registered

I have done engine swaps on two 31 IMP Vipers and both boats were in very good condition. After looking at the build quality I would have no problem buying one of these boats. No they are not the lightest but they are going to stand up to much of what you can throw at them and at a good pace while doing it.