trim not working >

trim not working

Notices

trim not working

Old 09-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts
Default trim not working

had both of my ecus reprogramed on my twin engine 496 boat...now I can not trim up with the trim button on the throttles or with the 2 trim buttons on the dash,,could trim down .....only way I could trim up is with the trailer button..any ideas??? some one told me I might have to reset the settings in the ecus with a lap top...

thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 03:47 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Do U have smart craft gauges its program thru that if you do ?
Also you have 2 solenoids mounted to your trim pump bracket next to the trim pump itself - one solenoild is a down and the other one is up - make sure your connections are good plus no corrision issues there. It could be the solenoid itself is bad. Also check your trim limit switch back mounted on the side of the gimbal ring - this could be way out of adjustment or bad - Good luck

Last edited by BUP; 09-21-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you have? Guessing Bravo. . If it's working with the trailer switch than the solenoid is fine. Trim limit switch. Take apart and clean the contacts and it will work fine.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buddy of mine had the same issue. 2007 boat. Ended up being some sort of sensor. Had to pull drives to access it.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks guys...

I talked to Dustin at Whipple and he told me that there is a setting in the ecus that controls the up travel on the trim setting..need to take it by a marine service dept with 496 program in their lap top and turn that option on...