MEFI 4.. How much HP??

Notices

MEFI 4.. How much HP??

Old 09-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by tunertech
address (HEX) 0015 Bit 5.... KSYSCFGAIL. Can't post pics... not a premium member. What tools are you using
I'm using Mefi-burn/tuner pro, Smitty
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

MEFI will support up to 12 injectors, MEFI 4 will also support Peak/hold injectors or low impedence
So it would be better to run low impedance? They open and close quicker, and there is a better selection in size..
Old 09-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

MEFI will support up to 12 injectors, MEFI 4 will also support Peak/hold injectors or low impedence
Looking thru Tuner pro at the "flag" settings I did find were you can enable it for peak and hold injectors but did not find a setting for low impedance , I looked thru "hex" editor at raw bin numbers and couldn't find anything close to what you described, not sure the software I'm using will do it though, Smitty
Old 09-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Looking thru Tuner pro at the "flag" settings I did find were you can enable it for peak and hold injectors but did not find a setting for low impedance , I looked thru "hex" editor at raw bin numbers and couldn't find anything close to what you described, not sure the software I'm using will do it though, Smitty
MEFI can run low impedence, example, the 575SCI which ran 4 low-impedence PnH style injectors. If your going to run low impedence, which is really not required with all the injector choices, then use the adapter from AEM Electronics. http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine...ver-module-17/
Old 10-03-2011, 10:45 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
We've got 105lb/hr (@43psi) injectors, high impedence. We've made 1600+hp with the MEFI.
I went to your site but I could not find them... Are the Bosch? Do the have EV1 connectors? How much....I would need 16.

Thank you
Randy
Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

CNC,

I offer this simply as added information, but I purchased new injectors from RC engineering to replace the 24lb KEIHIN 5JAB KN-1 24 lb/hr injectors Merc used on my motor with 42 lb RC units. I was able to go to their shop in Torrance with my intake manifold, rails, plenum and ensure their injectors physically fit. They were more than accommodating and their injectors work great so far. No leaks or any other issues.

I thought I remembered 100+ lb high impedance units but I couldn't find them on their website. It may be worth a call or try the low impedance peak/hold style.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CNC
I went to your site but I could not find them... Are the Bosch? Do the have EV1 connectors? How much....I would need 16.

Thank you
Randy
They run $649.95 a set of 8. They are a modified Bosch injector and are the short, stubby version, they require aluminum spacers to make standard length (included with inj). They have minitimer connectors.