Reconfiguring Gaffrig/Livorsi controls >

Reconfiguring Gaffrig/Livorsi controls

Notices

Reconfiguring Gaffrig/Livorsi controls

Old 01-26-2012, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Reconfiguring Gaffrig/Livorsi controls

i have a set of Gaffrig/livorsi controls I want to use but they are from a fountain so I need to switch them from left to right hand set up (trim switch) and from shift, throttle, throttle, shift to SSTT.....

I was just wondering if anyone has done this type of thing and if so how hard is it??? What to be done before I just start taking things apart.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Piece of cake. Just start in on it.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
i have a set of Gaffrig/livorsi controls I want to use but they are from a fountain so I need to switch them from left to right hand set up (trim switch) and from shift, throttle, throttle, shift to SSTT.....

I was just wondering if anyone has done this type of thing and if so how hard is it??? What to be done before I just start taking things apart.
Easy!

These controls are modular based so they can be configured in many different configurations!!

Don't sweat it!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Registered

Ok, I am going to give it a shot. Next question....the shifters say fountain on them, can you buy stickers that just say gaffrig or something like that?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
Ok, I am going to give it a shot. Next question....the shifters say fountain on them, can you buy stickers that just say gaffrig or something like that?
Can you snap an up close photo of the existing fountain lettering? Is it just a sticker or is it cast into the handles?

I can make you a sticker that says anything you want!!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

It is a sticker I guess you would call it. It is "stuck" on there but it is about 1/16" thick with clear rubber?? on top of the actual background with the foutain lettering. I will get a pic.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

The Gaffrig logo is cast into the levers. The Fountain sticker is just that, a raised sticker stuck in the recess.

I filled the recess with silversolder and machined smooth for the no name look, then sent out to be chromed and powder coated
Attached Thumbnails Reconfiguring Gaffrig/Livorsi controls-p1010005-medium-.jpg   Reconfiguring Gaffrig/Livorsi controls-no-logos-medium-.jpg   Reconfiguring Gaffrig/Livorsi controls-p4190003-medium-.jpg  

Reconfiguring Gaffrig/Livorsi controls-pb210020-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 01-27-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
The Gaffrig logo is cast into the levers. The Fountain sticker is just that, a raised sticker stuck in the recess.

I filled the recess with silversolder and machined smooth for the no name look, then sent out to be chromed and powder coated
I love the chrome look, where did you have them chromed and do you remember how much?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Found a plating shop in Indianapolis, 1 hr from me. Think it was around $150???? Been several yrs.

Had a base for my cruisers remote spot light rechromed just a month ago, different shop. Min charge was $65. Wished I would have had the whole thing redone now. Wouldn't have cost any more sine I was still under the min. The plating quality is 10x better than original.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Found a plating shop in Indianapolis, 1 hr from me. Think it was around $150???? Been several yrs.

Had a base for my cruisers remote spot light rechromed just a month ago, different shop. Min charge was $65. Wished I would have had the whole thing redone now. Wouldn't have cost any more sine I was still under the min. The plating quality is 10x better than original.

Might just have to have mine done! Won't be this year, too many projects already in the fire. I will put it on the list for winter 12/13!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.