Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   700 Hp fuel system???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/271978-700-hp-fuel-system.html)

Cobra100+ 03-06-2012 10:56 AM

700 Hp fuel system????

What is a good start for a fuel system to support 700 HP carburated? This would be based off Gen VI blocks so seawater pump mounted mechanicals and / or electric pumps. Thanks

mike tkach 03-06-2012 04:34 PM

call teague custom marine,im sure they have what u need.

Cobra100+ 03-06-2012 05:20 PM

Thanks, Im sure they do, I was kind of looking for others input and suggestions of what they have used and have had good luck with, not what a salesman on the other end of the line wants to sell me. What is everyone having luck with realibly supporting 700ish Hp? Thanks.

302Sport 03-06-2012 07:14 PM

Somebody makes a higher flowing fuel pump that mounts in place of your stock one. I would run that with an electric boost pump on a switch for insurance.

NEVERSATISFIED 03-06-2012 07:34 PM

Subscribing
Hope Eddie will chime in on this, I enjoy listening and learning from him along with many others on here.

ROB FREEMAN 03-06-2012 09:13 PM

this is what i was sold fom teague for my 600 inch 700 . airmotive electric marine , feeding a high output edelbrock marine block mounted pump . feeding the carb with two 3/8 fuel lines to the carb . never lost fuel pressure , , note the edlebrok high output was modified by teague to reduce some of the pressure , believe they took out one spring if i remember right

2tonchevy 03-06-2012 09:15 PM

as far as electrics....ive seen aeromotive pumps work well in that range.....also Barry grant Enduro series pumps.

pslonaker 03-07-2012 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Cobra100+ (Post 3634863)
Thanks, Im sure they do, I was kind of looking for others input and suggestions of what they have used and have had good luck with, not what a salesman on the other end of the line wants to sell me. What is everyone having luck with realibly supporting 700ish Hp? Thanks.

If you will call Teague and ask to speak to Eric...you wont get what you want to hear from him, but you will get what you need to hear from him. Eric will NOT jerk your chain or try to sell you a dead horse.

stevesxm 03-07-2012 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by pslonaker (Post 3635239)
If you will call Teague and ask to speak to Eric...you wont get what you want to hear from him, but you will get what you need to hear from him. Eric will NOT jerk your chain or try to sell you a dead horse.

can you imagine your high school english teacher reading what you just wrote ?

MILD THUNDER 03-07-2012 06:41 AM

I remember someone on the board here retro-fitting a arm off a sea pump mounted pump, to a old mark iv style block mounted six valve pump with 1/2NPT inlet and outlets. I'll try to find that thread.

I think it sucks that the sea pump driven pumps dont accept a typical high performance pump. Theres lots of options for mechanical pumps that way. Adding a electric pump works just fine, but add's some rigging, regulators, wiring, etc.

I think this here pump should work for you, and would be the simplest setup.
http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-12460...6-engines.aspx

Be sure to check the pickup size in the tank, and anti-siphon valve. -8 line from tank to carb minimum.

Something to think about, the 800SC merc engine was 572CI, twin holley carbs, 420 blower, etc. Used a basic holley six valve mechanical pump, and used 3/8" single inverted flare hard line from the pump to feed both carbs. I actually have that setup in the garage, and its amazing to me that it worked, when looking at the small orifices in the inverted flare connections they used. But, it worked. The inlet fitting that fed the fuel log is really no larger than a Bic pen in diameter inside.