Differences between Mobil 1 15W-50 and V-Twin 20W-50 >

Differences between Mobil 1 15W-50 and V-Twin 20W-50

Notices

Differences between Mobil 1 15W-50 and V-Twin 20W-50

Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by yschmidt
Is this based on some sort of fact, or is it more info from your super top secret tweaker source?
must you persist on being a moron,once again,you are showing your ignorance,LET IT GO.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yschmidt
Is this based on some sort of fact, or is it more info from your super top secret tweaker source?
no oil on earth lubricates very well when mixed with a pan full of water,LET IT GO!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Checked out the Brad Penn. Sounds pretty decent. Lot of people selling it on ebay $54-56 a case. What sucks is it's $20 for shipping.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
Really, none??? 15w-50 still has a lot of both.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...duct_Guide.pdf
I STAND CORRECTED,
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
What are the real differences between Mobil 1 15W-50 and V-Twin 20W-50. I saw that advance has the V-Twin on sale. My application is a twin turbocharged carbureted BBC with a flat tappet hydraulic cam. Is there a better fully synthetic oil out there that is a little cheaper. It kinda stings when I think that a full oil change is going to cost me $180.00 a couple times a year. If I have to I will. I know the price to play, just trying to lessen the sting!!!
Would that be the original twin turbo gale banks 454 your running in your scarab?? Way cool man.

I was told by someone the rotella/delvac diesel oils have high zinc content.

I have a older chevy dually with a 454 and original flat tappet cam. The truck sat for a long time. When I first got it, I drove it a few times that summer, then parked it in storage with the boat for the winter. Come spring, I fired it up and let it run for a bit. I noticed it had a little valvetrain noise/tick. I decided to drain the oil and change the filter, and put in Delvac 15w40 and a fresh filter. After about 100 miles or so, the engine no longer had the valvetrain tick. Im assuming that being the engine was older, and sat alot, theres probably alot of varnish/gum on things. I know diesel oil contain detergents, so I figured i'd run that to clean the engine. I been running the delvac oil in it ever since.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Brad Penn..

Originally Posted by picklenjim
Checked out the Brad Penn. Sounds pretty decent. Lot of people selling it on ebay $54-56 a case. What sucks is it's $20 for shipping.
Not too impressed with Brad Penn. Here's my experience with B Penn back in '06. If you run higher oil temps, 260 or so. It breaks down very fast.

I'll share my experiences with Brad Penn oil.
Up until last summer (2005) I had been running Pennzoil 20-50 (engine builders recommendation) I change my oil every 10 hrs and it seemed to work pretty well, no oil pressure issues, oil temps @230 after an occasional hard run 260 (measured before the cooler)
Toward the end of last season I had switched to Brad Penn 20-50 and was not very impressed to say the least. In June I trailered over to Lake Winnipesaukee for Laconia weekend.I had just done a fresh oil change for the trip. We did a lot of boating the first couple days. After three days of running Brad Penn (8 hrs run time) I noticed a loss of oil pressure. My boat normally runs about 60 lbs after warm up while cruising. We were cruising along at no more than 4000 rpm when I noticed the oil pressure dropping. It dropped to 40 lbs, then 30 lbs, I backed down to 3500 and pressure dropped to 20 lbs.
I thought It was engine trouble and stopped for a while. Upon restart, oil pressure returned to normal, 60 psi but soon dropped back to 20 after temps warmed up to normal.
It appears that the Brad Penn oil was all done at 8 hrs and was breaking down at less than 220 degrees oil temp.
I've since changed to Mobil 1 (V-Twin) and all has been fine since. The Mobil oil seems to be pretty consistent, no pressure fluctuations at all and more oil pressure.

Take it for what it's worth, just my personal experience.

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 03-13-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Amsoil V twin has surpassed mobil 1 in every test...enough that it made me switch.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I'd like to know the differences between say running diesel oil, vs non diesel oil. Im sure there is some difference, with the internal parts, but my semi tractor has nearly 800k miles on the original engine, original bearings, original roller lifters, etc. Not only the miles, but 29,000 hours. (lots of idling too and city driving),. Oil pressure on a 90* summer day is still 30psi at idle hot, and 65psi running. Bearing clearances must still be good since thats not far off from what they were new. It doesnt spin half the rpm that a gas engine does, but does run 32psi of boost under full load. And when running 65mph in a headwind loaded it maintains 10psi of boost on flatland..

Anyhow, how bout some pics of that scarab????
Old 03-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are we talking boats or motorcycles here. V-Twin oil is less slippery due to the fact that the clutch on many motorcycles is bathed in the engine oil. I would not use it in my boat or auto.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Registered

did you know that if you go to a ford dealership and buy oil,it can only be used in a ford car,if you put it in a gm car it wont work.also,if you buy gm dexcool, and put it in a ford,the engine will overheat.ac delco spark plugs are only for gm cars,if you have a ford you must use autolite plugs,if you have a chrysler product,you must use mopar parts only,nothing else works in a mopar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.