oil filter location KE exhaust >

oil filter location KE exhaust

Notices

oil filter location KE exhaust

Old 03-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil filter location KE exhaust

Where and how do most people relocate their oil filter when installing Keith Eickert exhaust? Factory location was on/above the port side manfold. Engine is a carbed 454 mag.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by tnc110
Where and how do most people relocate their oil filter when installing Keith Eickert exhaust? Factory location was on/above the port side manfold. Engine is a carbed 454 mag.
a you could make a bracket and mount it on the rear part of the cylinder head or find the housing that mounts on the back of the head...i have one i can part with but you will have to have new hoses made.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

As mrfixxall said, mount it to the back of the block... That's were I mounted mine when I ran Eickerts!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Registered

silly question...how much oil is going to come out of the oil lines when I pull them to get new ones made?

Also, a question about the tails. The Eickerts are staggered an inch or two to the side from where the OEM manifolds were. I bought these things used and they came with LONG tails. I am going to cut them down. I would like to keep the tails as long as possible, but am concerned with the offset and kinking the rubber exhaust hose. Any thoughts.

When I cut the tails, they will probably only be about 6-8"s long...do I still need to weld in a spacer between the inner and outer pipes like the long tails had.

Thanks for all the help fellas!
Old 04-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Registered

I relocated and upgraded most of my oil system last year. I picked up an hp6 filter head and billet bracket that mounts the assembly to the back of the port cylinder head. I also changed all the oil cooler and filter hoses to the summit -12 push-loc hoses and fittings. The hose and fittings are priced pretty reasonably and are not as restrictive as the stock stuff.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered

update:
cut and welded an aluminum T- bracket that mounts to the the port side manifold to hold the oil filter. Also had to make a plate for the fuel filter on the starboard side, so that I could slide it forward (no clearance)
Might have to get a smaller belt for the alternator, it looks like it is going to interfere with the first tee on the underside of the headers.

This has turned into a real PIA...never though there would be so much involved to get this to work.

Also have to get a new oil line and fuel line.

Can't wait to hear them though!