Scarab Identification >

Scarab Identification

Notices

Scarab Identification

Old 05-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1980 ScarabII with twin TRS drives and 454's
Have had it to 71 mph in salt water . not the fastest boat but handles incredibly well is allot of fun and fast enough
Old 05-17-2012, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

too wide? the holes themselves are wider than the merc alpha-bravo keyhole cut that is used for virtually all 88 and up OEM transom assys. as far as engine spacing, big blocks need a minimum of 33 inches center to center (or left side to left side) for the engines-exhausts to fit with enough room between. 34.5 is better for your arm when changing plugs. check every hole in that transom for soggy dark wood that you can pick out with a screwdriver. the easiest way to get this boat back together is to find a TRS boat that is dead for the drives-trannys-transom assys. it is only going to be so fast and only worth so much when done. on the other hand, putting TRS in it means rebuilding 30 year old stuff that is hard to get parts for.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trs

I see what you mean. I have no desire to run TRS- , i have decided on Bravo 1s, we will budget in some fiberglass. FUN CITY As far as fast she will be pushing 475-525 HP so thats fine, as far as worth- im only $700 in for the boat, "trailer" and 2 454 5445 4 bolt mk iv blocks, so far im doing good.....

Last edited by P30_1980_Scarab; 05-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.