need help with info on this boat >

need help with info on this boat

Notices

need help with info on this boat

Old 05-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with info on this boat

Hey I'm looking at a boat it's a 1990 28' Aero tech single engine with a speedmaster #5 drive k-plane tabs and duel hydraulic steering. anybody have an idea of what to expext with this boat? I live and boat the great lakes and would like to find a nice big wave boat I like the lines of this boat and would like to get as much feedback as I can so any input would be great thanks Dave
Old 05-21-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy crap I just found a post from a few yrs back about these boats!! what a big O can of worms that is!!! the one I found is a 1990 it's 28' has a monster BBC DART engine supercharged and runs in the 95 +mph range the drive is a speedmaster #5 with velvet trans the guy says it drives very well at all speeds......
Old 05-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 905 Likes on 324 Posts

if this is an Aero Tech built in Sarasota, FL. then you just answered your own question with the info you found. I cant recall the builders name (been a lot of years) but I lived there and a buddy worked for them. he had a habit of cutting some corners. things like running out of resin and buying what ever was really cheap to finish the boat even if it wasnt compatible. he was a real "rob peter to pay paul" type of guy. they were good looking but I never thought any would still be around after some of the construction techniques he tried.