silverado 6.2 or denali 6.2 owners or opinions >

silverado 6.2 or denali 6.2 owners or opinions

Notices

silverado 6.2 or denali 6.2 owners or opinions

Old 06-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silverado 6.2 or denali 6.2 owners or opinions

I just bought a 88 baja 265 force and am now in the market for a truck. I have been looking online and researching and just wanted to hear some owners opinions or what you guys thought. Im gonna go drive some other trucks this week and hope to drive one of these as well. I have also been looking at newer tundras and even 2500 duramaxes but as of now leaning more toward the silverado 6.2 if I can find one close for a good price. Towing is a little bit of a factor but my familys lake house is only 1 mile from the lake so for the most part towing wont be a factor. I have heard they are bad on gas but none of the trucks will be good so just have to deal with it. Thanks for any info or opinions
Old 06-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I've been doing the same research. I've pretty much decided on the Silverado with the MAX package. The Denali has full time four wheel and doesn't have low lock. Getting to my Beach House in the winter with 4' of snow I find low lock helps. The Silverado with the 400+ hp and the heavy duty trailering package is rated at almost 11,000lbs towing. My brother bought one almost a year ago, it's crazy fast and with a little massaging will definitely have the guts to get you up the long hills. As far as fuel economy, they will get you the most mpg for that tow rating except possibly a diesel.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I pretty much have the same boat. 1990 baja 265 dvx (force hull) I pull it with my 07 escalade ext. 6.2 variable valve engine. It pulls it no problem. As for mpg... Well it gets better mpg then the 502 efi engine that is in my boat, lol. I get about 9-9.5 mpg pulling the boat, compared to 18-19 mpg not pulling. But remember the vessel with trailer weights in north or 7500 lbs, so that is 1000+ lbs more then the truck.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, any other owners or opinions out there?