Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   mid 30 footers in big waves (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/278037-mid-30-footers-big-waves.html)

mittens 06-05-2012 02:30 PM

mid 30 footers in big waves

Took my new boat out in some bigger waves. 4-5 footers out side of destin this past week. and while the 34 foot boat does way better then my 25... how are you guys running like that more then a few min?

I mean the 25 footer you could monster truck it around over the big ones, and playing around but never really just sit on plan at 30-40mph.

the 34 you can get it up and running just watching REALLY carfull so you dont stuff, or slam to hard and break ****. but after a few min for photos, we went back in.

maybe i just dont want to beat on the boat, but how you guys run in that stuff?

on a trip to Pensacola we where crusing in some 2-3 footers and the boat was fine, LOVED it

POWERPLAY J 06-05-2012 03:20 PM

WFO or as close to it as we can get. If your not scared your not pushing hard enough.

mittens 06-05-2012 04:14 PM

I was not scared of the boat, or the waves. just feel like slamming everything around like that will break it part ha, maybe I am wrong? maybe need to go faster and get on top, and hope to not bit/stuff one?

lucky strike 06-05-2012 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by mittens (Post 3703361)
maybe need to go faster and get on top, and hope to not bit/stuff one?

Try it... Then go ck in your cabin & passengers for damage.

Make sure you & your passengers wear a lifeline jacket & a kill switch

POWERPLAY J 06-05-2012 06:03 PM

When we do it everyone is wearing a jacket and I always connect the kill switches. Usually don't have much in the boat to break. Fortunately I have dual controls and we are pretty well versed on how we drive. I have tripped and stuffed a few times and it sucks and can be scary. Boats can withstand alot and the adrenaline rush is worth it.

POWERPLAY J 06-05-2012 06:11 PM

I do have to say we don't do it to show off or sound like bad asses. When it does get rough we just do it for fun. If I am out with people I try to ask and judge their feelings about the ride and throttle back and push through the waves even though getting on top is usually smoother.

Tony Montana 06-05-2012 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by mittens (Post 3703361)
I just feel like slamming everything around like that will break it part ha, maybe I am wrong?

You have the wrong equipment. You are driving a B but what you need is an A:party-smiley-004:

Sydwayz 06-05-2012 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 3703483)
You have the wrong equipment. You are driving a B but what you need is an A:party-smiley-004:

A... T! :evilb:

Tony Montana 06-05-2012 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 3703501)
A... T! :evilb:

:angry-smiley-038::daz::ernaehrung004:

ThisIsLivin 06-06-2012 07:29 AM

You need to figure out what your boat likes. The first time out in rough water with my boat nearly beat my brains out. My wife was with me so I didn't try to much. Next time out I went by myself and played with it. I found out I was going to slow, my boat likes at least 50 - 55 so it can sit up on top.