looking for speed >

looking for speed

Notices

looking for speed

Old 06-13-2012, 10:30 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get in touch with BBlades and try their prop enchange program. Every boat hull and power combination reacts differently, even boats made by the same manufactures same size etc. Every boater carries different loads, hulls aren't exactly the same, hooks etc. so every boat needs to be dialed in with the right props. Even then you need to find a happy medium to a point to adjust for top speed, getting on plane etc.. You need to know what max rpms are for your engines and cruise should be aprox. 75% of that. Question is, can you reach max rpm or do you exceed max rpm under normal WOT conditions? Can't reach, too much prop. Exceed, not enough. Roughly 200-250rpm for each degree of pitch up or down is a good rule of thumb. I'm far from an expert and I'm sure there are others on here that can give better advice. This is my 2cts worth and what I have learned. The more information you have on hp, rpms, load etc can help you get a starting point and go from there.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks fireboatpilot, information will be remembered and used,,, max for my engines are 5000, your factors tell me 3750 is cruise, i did run an hour stretch with a few bigger and faster boats,,, my cruise was 3700- 4000 .... sometimes 3700-3800 sometimes 4000 back to 3900 and so on .... the boat did feel and sound comfortable their...... in your opinion, where is the most economical place to gain torque ?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance

has anyone ever heard of or used Dyno-Boost Boat Performance Chip
Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01scarab29
has anyone ever heard of or used Dyno-Boost Boat Performance Chip
Yeah, about $3.00 worth af radio shack parts soldered into a crappy case. If you would like to purchase a Flux Capacitior from me I have one for sale. Once you hit 88 MPH, you will beat everyone to the dock

Sorry, that was a bit sarcastic.... IT is a total Scam.