need help.just bought 03 carrera 59hrs 29 effect x cat

Notices

need help.just bought 03 carrera 59hrs 29 effect x cat

Old 07-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help.just bought 03 carrera 59hrs 29 effect x cat

hello fellows . i need some tech advice and info :

it is a 588 ci merlin,tbs blower,imco exhaust,brodix heads,msd igniton .2x 850 cfm holleys... etc.
boat and motor is as new.
i am running 5600 rpm... is that safe and correct for that motor ??? i was running 6000 rpm with a 28 lab bravo 1. i just bought a 30 lab bravo one and i am running 5600 rpm. is that too high ?
the boat is superb. but this is my 2nd cat . i owned a american offshore 26.. then a 35 fountain, then a 29 warlock.. then this boat. i feel it is way too much boat for me... this is a race machine... seems like i may put it back for sale and buy a 35 fountain again!
i can use some help in order to get this boat the best configuration of prop versus power etc.. then i will make up my mind of keep or sale later...

my mechanic says i am pushing 1000 hp. is that correct

please take a look at the pictures of the engine and setup. tellme what you think !

the mechanic went through it and confirmed the motor and all is in top shape. barely used... and has the best of everything ..according to him !

http://www.montrealhd.com/boat/used/...d7bf371449.htm

Last edited by chevalcabre; 07-01-2012 at 06:27 PM.