What's up with my 502 fueling? >

What's up with my 502 fueling?

Notices

What's up with my 502 fueling?

Old 07-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
How did you fog it? Did you fill the filter half up and let it run into the engine or some other way?
That, all well as spray in the intake, cranking it with the coil wire pulled off.

I think I see where you are leading.
Residual fogging fluid in the system?

Last Sunday it idled around for atleast an hour while I tried to figure out why the trim pump wasn't working.[loose wire]
before it got anything over 1000 rpm.
You would think that would clean it out??
Old 07-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We did a couple of 525 boats by using Marvel Mystery oil in the fuel seps to fog, just like Merc said. Both sets of engines ran okay at idle but as soon as they went to try and plane, stalled and would not restart. After a bunch of fussing around we got both boats started. It seemed like a slug of the oil waited in the rail until the fuel consumption went up then it clogged off the injectors. So now we only use 2 stroke oil and have not had a problem (just like Merc says).
Old 07-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted G
We did a couple of 525 boats by using Marvel Mystery oil in the fuel seps to fog, just like Merc said. Both sets of engines ran okay at idle but as soon as they went to try and plane, stalled and would not restart. After a bunch of fussing around we got both boats started. It seemed like a slug of the oil waited in the rail until the fuel consumption went up then it clogged off the injectors. So now we only use 2 stroke oil and have not had a problem (just like Merc says).
Yippers, that sounds like the culprit.
Two stroke oil next winter.

Thanx Ted and happy boating.