Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
bennett trim tab help, hatch works / port goes down not up / starboard nothing! >

bennett trim tab help, hatch works / port goes down not up / starboard nothing!

Notices

bennett trim tab help, hatch works / port goes down not up / starboard nothing!

Old 08-20-2012, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is even better when you are local to them, call up, and they tell you to bring it down, and Tom meets you in the lobby with the parts
Old 08-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Tabman...
On the port side that would go down but not up, I swapped out a red wire solenoid a buddy of mine had after finding it was getting voltage to solenoids and pump in both directions... works now with that new pump!
on the stbd side, pump run both directions but solenoid wasn't opening... when I jumped power directly from battery to solenoid it opened & closed. Checked voltage at helm switch and that was good but didn't have voltage at the connector at rear. Thinking ill just run a wire from switch direct to solenoid and ill be good!?
Old 08-20-2012, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cdaniel525
Tabman...
On the port side that would go down but not up, I swapped out a red wire solenoid a buddy of mine had after finding it was getting voltage to solenoids and pump in both directions... works now with that new pump!
on the stbd side, pump run both directions but solenoid wasn't opening... when I jumped power directly from battery to solenoid it opened & closed. Checked voltage at helm switch and that was good but didn't have voltage at the connector at rear. Thinking ill just run a wire from switch direct to solenoid and ill be good!?

Take a look at this drawing:

Figure A is the starboard solenoid on the pump. It should have the spring and plunger removed from inside of it and the green wire is not connected to anything.

The port red wire solenoid on the pump operates the port Tab. And the right hand solenoid valve on the manifold operates the starboard Trim Tabs. The over valve on the manifold operates the hatch lifter.

Is this how yours is set up?

Tom
Bennett Marine
Old 08-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tabman
Take a look at this drawing:

Figure A is the starboard solenoid on the pump. It should have the spring and plunger removed from inside of it and the green wire is not connected to anything.

The port red wire solenoid on the pump operates the port Tab. And the right hand solenoid valve on the manifold operates the starboard Trim Tabs. The over valve on the manifold operates the hatch lifter.

Is this how yours is set up?

Tom
Bennett Marine
Tom, yes this is exactly how mine is setup.... Something definitely is wrong with the wiring harness, whether a wire broke or something....

I checked multiple times and none of the green or red wires at the rear by the HPU get 12V when I operate the STBD switch... But I do get the 12V at the back of the switch.

So I ran a wire direct from the switch to the solenoid and now everything works...

Thanks for all the help though... These guys werent lying! More companies out there should be like that!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Registered

Happy to hear you got it running! I am glad I could help.

Tom
Bennett Marine
Old 08-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Registered

Happy to hear you got it running! I am glad I could help.

Tom
Bennett Marine
Hey Tom... Everything seemed to be working fine, but then today after we came back I raised the hatch, now its closing extremely slowly! About 10 seconds to close about 2-3 inches... Raises at normal rate though....

I didnt get a chance yet to see if the tabs are that slow coming back up as well, but they seemed to be perfect while we out there on the bay.

What should I look for to find out why its closing so slow??

Thanks again, Chris
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Registered

Chris,

The system will close the hatch slower than it goes up, but just to make sure if you put a bit of weight on it does it close faster?

Tom

Hey Tom... Everything seemed to be working fine, but then today after we came back I raised the hatch, now its closing extremely slowly! About 10 seconds to close about 2-3 inches... Raises at normal rate though....

I didnt get a chance yet to see if the tabs are that slow coming back up as well, but they seemed to be perfect while we out there on the bay.

What should I look for to find out why its closing so slow??

Thanks again, Chris
Old 08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

I know it closed slower than lifting, but just today it took really long to close just a few inches. It was barely moving...

I tried pushing on it and it did not close any faster...

Chris,

The system will close the hatch slower than it goes up, but just to make sure if you put a bit of weight on it does it close faster?

Tom
Old 08-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Registered

I know it closed slower than lifting, but just today it took really long to close just a few inches. It was barely moving...

I tried pushing on it and it did not close any faster...
Do you hear the pump running when the hatch is closing?

Tom
Bennett Marine
Old 08-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered

Do you hear the pump running when the hatch is closing?

Tom
Bennett Marine
Yes sir...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.