Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
496HO missing at 3,000 rpms on take-off after warmed up >

496HO missing at 3,000 rpms on take-off after warmed up

Notices

496HO missing at 3,000 rpms on take-off after warmed up

Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496HO missing at 3,000 rpms on take-off after warmed up

Had this issue start happening this year. Boat runs great otherwise. And it doesn't happen all the time.

Basically, after a long run around the lake - maybe 15-30 minutes at cruise, I bring it back down to idle. Then when I want to come back up on plane, I sometimes feel a miss in the engine around 3,000 rpms. It usually works through it and then things are fine again. I sometimes will bring the trim up on the motor at that rpm, and I notice that as that bring the rpm's up a bit, and stops missing and things are fine.

I've checked the temp on the motor. Looks fine. No more than 165. No alarms being given. I haven't scanned the motor, but I don't think anything will show up, since I'm not getting any alarms.

I'm wondering if putting some fuel treatment from Mercury might help. Also wondering if it has something to do with the injectors. Not sure.

The engine only has about 90 hours on it.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Rick