Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
First start up on my new big block :) >

First start up on my new big block :)

Notices

First start up on my new big block :)

Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought fuel rail stock and did custom rails. Will try to get pics soon.

But it goes like this. Custom pickup tube from tank -10 line to aero a1000 pump, -10 to a Y fitting which goes to two -8 fittings into rails. rails go to fuel pressure regulator which then returns fuel through the Arizona speed fuel cooler and back into the tank!

I came up with this on my own and think it should work well, but we wont know until we push it more.

Can not wait to get external steering and go from there!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TooTall
sounds really nice !

What's your fuel setup like besides the injectors?
Thanks, and thank you everyone else for the compliments!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDBgSJwzIyE Check out the AEM fail safe guages i picked up.. Ill be using the fail safe out put to a relay to activate some sort of light or buzzer. With this feature and logging i think it will work out great
Old 07-17-2013, 02:20 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

What heads are on it? 4.560 bore on a production 502 block or bowtie block?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
What heads are on it? 4.560 bore on a production 502 block or bowtie block?

Ported Irons, with A Nice Serdi Valve JOB

Also the block is a Gen 6 Block, Its what came with the boat. Machinist who deals with big blocks only said there was i had no worries.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've read it's not common practice to go that big on a stock block in marine use. I'm assuming that's why joe was asking.

That aem gauge seemed like a nice setup.

What is your compression ratio?

How much boost did you see at 4000 rpms?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing your build and engine combo......... It would be nice if more people did the same.... I will be sharing my NA502 specs when done....... Sounds like you are taking your time and getting the tune just right! Sounds mean!!! TBF
Old 07-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cp5899
From what I've read it's not common practice to go that big on a stock block in marine use. I'm assuming that's why joe was asking.

That aem gauge seemed like a nice setup.

What is your compression ratio?

How much boost did you see at 4000 rpms?
I was using a old boost gauge which read zero, it was from when boat sat for years. Im hoping to get out today and actually get some datalogs of RPM/Boost/AFR. Once i do i will gladly get them up here.

I had to go that big sadly as the previous machinist had done a number on the block. I know the guys over at MFRE, would of done what ever tested needed. After all the guy used to work for Boyd Racing Engines, and has built many 1500-2000HP Big blocks.

If it does eventually fail we will visit it then. But for now i'm going to enjoy it!

For testing today i'm installing the small S/C pulley first to get AFR's in check with FPR. Until i get back up to the shop to get Mefiburn. I reprogram ECU's for a living. First boat i'm messing with. Although I have done many Jetskis

Heres one i did on Motec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOrBR...FesQxlWesejBtQ

And this one to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=katb8ciucIg

SO I look forward to this!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tpabayflyer
Thanks for sharing your build and engine combo......... It would be nice if more people did the same.... I will be sharing my NA502 specs when done....... Sounds like you are taking your time and getting the tune just right! Sounds mean!!! TBF

Thank you! I appreciate all the comments And also appreciate everyone's suggestions! That's why we are all here! More so then power or anything else is safety! We all love this sport, and want to be able to keep doing it for many years.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtuned
Ported Irons, with A Nice Serdi Valve JOB

Also the block is a Gen 6 Block, Its what came with the boat. Machinist who deals with big blocks only said there was i had no worries.
What I meant by what heads, was what ''model''? Small oval ports, large oval ports, rectangle ports, etc.

Wasn't trying to pi$$ on your rainbow, I was just worried about 4.560 bore on a production 502 block that's been in a boat for many years, with 12psi of procharged boost going thru it. Ive split a cylinder wall before and It sucked. Filled the engine with water in seconds. Had I not caught it as quickly as I did, I woulda wiped everything out.

A buddy of mine built a 522CI like you have. With a M4 Procharger, edelbrock aluminum heads with mild porting, around 8.0:1 compression, hydraulic roller cam. Well over 1000HP. He's running Dart block, with a Lunati Blower crank, and oliver rods, JE Blower pistons with upgraded pins for the power level.

I'd imagine your somewhere in the neighborhood of 9:1 static with the flat top pistons?

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 07-17-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.