gen 6 engine filling oilpan with water.

Notices

gen 6 engine filling oilpan with water.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i did not think this was the problem but WE HAVE A WINNER.i tightened the bolts to the point of almost snapping them and ran it again,i put dye in the cooling system to help find the leak,NO MORE LEAK.i took the manifold off and checked it for flatness on both sides with a straight edge,it is warped.it is a competition products that is made in china.im either going to get it milled straight or replace it with a new american made peice depending on the owners wallet.id like to thank all you guys for your ideas on this.
Probably the same condition that cracked the old head may also have caused the intake to warp . Too much heat ? I am happy you found the problem , now if you have any beer left after this , go drink some .

Last edited by the deep; 09-25-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this is the manifold that was on the engine when the owner bought the boat.im going to do my best to talk him into buying a new american made one and i dont want the old one,even for free,chinese junk.
Just don't use a brodix... I was just about to fire up my brand new 598 a couple weeks ago turned the hose on and noticed water on top of the intake. Well it was definitely leaking water through the casting. Had very tiny pinholes in it. Started grinding on the pinholes and discovered a crater in the casting. American made piece of junk $400
Old 09-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

wow,thats a new one.are they going to replace it for you?on this one the owner gave me the ok for a new edelbrock 2902.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow,thats a new one.are they going to replace it for you?on this one the owner gave me the ok for a new edelbrock 2902.
Problem is when I ordered the intake it went to the head porters. The intake had alot of work done to it. I ended up having a sleeve put in the back corner of the intake and welded. It's just amazing the prices you pay and the junk you get. Every year it gets worse...
Old 09-26-2013, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have run into that one as well, sometimes had issues with different heads/intakes not matching up...Mr. Gasket makes a set of double thick intake gaskets that saved me on a few engines...
Old 09-26-2013, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Some food for thought. Everyone knows Dart makes a single plane intake #41114000 (HP500 style), for the BBC rectangle port setup. But, did you know they make a specific manifold for whether you are using "DART" heads, or "GM" heads?? They recommend milling .060 off the manifold flanges to use a standard 41114000 Dart intake on a GM head setup. Or, you can purchase part #41114000GM which is machined for use with the GM style head.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I have run into that one as well, sometimes had issues with different heads/intakes not matching up...Mr. Gasket makes a set of double thick intake gaskets that saved me on a few engines...
yes,i used the mr gasket 121,it is. 060 thich,the 122 is .120 thick.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are the best out there they are very thick and will seal right the first time standard stainless steel bolts will stretch too use arp stainless intake bolt set they will not stretch.
http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-11759...ular-port.aspx
Old 09-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
Wow good find I was thinking Oil cooler???Glad you found problem!
when i ran it on the run stand the oil cooler and marine exhaust were not installed on the engine.