Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Isotta Aria steering wheel.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/306579-isotta-aria-steering-wheel.html)

HyFive578 12-20-2013 09:47 AM

Isotta Aria steering wheel..

My new to me 47 has one of these steering wheels.. the boat isn't that old and the spokes of the wheel are very pitted. I was looking to replace it but I've seen a bunch of them out there on other boats and they all seem to have the same problem? If I buy a new one, is there a way to prevent this or should I buy a different wheel??

Drock78 12-20-2013 12:18 PM

Yea..boat in fresh water. Lol.

HyFive578 12-20-2013 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Drock78 (Post 4044988)
Yea..boat in fresh water. Lol.

I wish... not really an option....

bcfountain 12-20-2013 03:09 PM

look for a all stainless steel one.i got tired of buying boat stuff that was powder coated or indonized and after a few years the stuff looked like chit,pealing,cracking etc.

mickeymcclgn 12-20-2013 05:32 PM

The new isotta wheels are stainless steel spoked and not steel/chrome like their old style. This switch just happened earlier this year (feb 2013) I waited almost 8 months for the new one and I'm glad I did. Expensive but really is a nice wheel. Advice though is don't drive with any kind of rings/jewelry on though because it seems as if it will chip easily. I'm paranoid with it because I had to wait so long to get it. I purchased it from bill at diamond performance for what it's worth... I'm sure he got sick of me asking if it came in yet. Lol.

HyFive578 12-20-2013 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn (Post 4045184)
The new isotta wheels are stainless steel spoked and not steel/chrome like their old style. This switch just happened earlier this year (feb 2013) I waited almost 8 months for the new one and I'm glad I did. Expensive but really is a nice wheel. Advice though is don't drive with any kind of rings/jewelry on though because it seems as if it will chip easily. I'm paranoid with it because I had to wait so long to get it. I purchased it from bill at diamond performance for what it's worth... I'm sure he got sick of me asking if it came in yet. Lol.

Thanks!! That is really helpful. I will give them a call..

mickeymcclgn 12-20-2013 05:52 PM

No problem, glad I could be of some help. By the way nice ride you have there. Bet the 47 is a real wave crusher.

HyFive578 12-20-2013 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn (Post 4045200)
No problem, glad I could be of some help. By the way nice ride you have there. Bet the 47 is a real wave crusher.

Thanks.. Yes, the 47 is a big girl. Lotta boat... made my 38 feel VERY small.. and thanks again... Will be buying the new stainless wheel next week. Happy Holidays!!

DiamondPerformance 12-21-2013 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn (Post 4045184)

Glad it was worth the wait!

RAPTOR1 12-21-2013 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]514862[/ATTACH] Got mine from Diamond Performance as well!