4 Blade vs 6 Blade. >

4 Blade vs 6 Blade.

Notices

4 Blade vs 6 Blade.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Blade vs 6 Blade.

I spun a prop last weekend and am thinking about getting a new set. I would like to hear about the benefits of a 6 blade setup. I now run Bravo 1 4 blades but would like a better hole shot and less vibration. I know it's hard to get my boats big atf out of the water and on plane but I was wondering if more blades would help, plus they look cool.

Running a Baja 405 with 496HO's top speed is 60 + or - at 5000 rpm Bravo 1 with 22 pitch
Old 05-30-2014, 06:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

22 pitch seems low for your setup but admittedly, I'm not that familiar with the 496. 6 blade props are really only good for boats with high x-dimensions. If thats not the case with your boat, those 6-blades will be very hard on your drives and will probably not improve your planing performance. You might be better off with a hydro 5-blade or labbed maximus. Call Brett at BBlades... he can help you..
Old 05-30-2014, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I would not put a 6 blade on your setup. Might wanna call BBlades, and see about a 21 or 23 Revolution 4 blade. I had a heavy old 40FT Formula, and those were the best planing and best overall running props on that boat. Planed better than the bravo 1 4 blades and 5 blade maximus props. Might even gain you a touch of top speed. BBlades has a demo program.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks will do