Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   Dual Carb Adapter Gasket On Blower ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/313204-dual-carb-adapter-gasket-blower.html)

the deep 06-02-2014 08:36 PM

Dual Carb Adapter Gasket On Blower ?

Do you guys prefer the screened or non screen gasket . Reason I'm asking is that I've noticed the gasket material into to screening juts pretty far out into where air-fuel should be flowing . I prefer to do nothing that would impede that flow . My intake to blower gasket also needs trimmed to get rid of the air dam but that is simple with no screen . I can see the usefulness of a screen under the carbs but does anybody make one that is of a higher quality and keeps the gasket material out from where it don't belong ? Yep I'm critical of everything Flow = Horsepower .

SFOcean 06-02-2014 11:22 PM

I have only seen (and use) the screen under the carbs.

the deep 06-03-2014 04:57 PM

So if I tape half my mouth shut and run down the road it wont impede my performance ???? Small things like this may be one of the reasons two identical engines produce differing amounts of HP . I need all screen and no gasket material in my floooooooo . Where's my blower friends and engine builders ? Nobody want to talky to da deep ? Thanks for your answer SFO .

benjen 06-03-2014 07:42 PM

I certainly could be wrong here, but I don't think with a blower what you are talking about is a critical deal. Naturally aspirated I totally agree, but the blower is a pretty efficient air pump.

the deep 06-03-2014 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by benjen (Post 4132270)
I certainly could be wrong here, but I don't think with a blower what you are talking about is a critical deal. Naturally aspirated I totally agree, but the blower is a pretty efficient air pump.

Yea I'm totally new to the blower game that is why I will no doubt continue to ask stupid questions . Small details like this nobody ever discusses .

SFOcean 06-03-2014 11:15 PM

My way of looking at it that if anything gets into the blower (throttle plate screw, what have you), you are going to hurt the blower. If the rotors come apart by themselves (no screen under blower), I really doubt the screen will help, those pieces are going right through the screen.

Randy Nielsen 06-04-2014 02:38 AM

I have a blower with a bug catcher injection hat on it that has a screen gasket but my quadrotor with dominators does not. Neither do my 454's with B&M 250's & holleys. Maybe it's more for street use? Hi Sam, Hope to see some noisy whining videos soon!! In my opinion there are no stupid questions when it's your money.:party-smiley-004:

mike tkach 06-04-2014 07:46 AM

if you are concerned about a screened gasket use one without the screene.

KAAMA 06-04-2014 08:41 AM

If it were me, I would not want anything obstructing or disrupting the any of the airflow if it could be helped within reason...N/A or Blown. I ran into this issue before, years ago on one of my 2 565cid engines as we were dyno testing them.

the deep 06-04-2014 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by mike tkach (Post 4132480)
if you are concerned about a screened gasket use one without the screene.

Not concerned about the screen just the gasket material about a half inch into where air- fuel mix should be flowing . Looks like an air dam to me .