what is killing my fuel pumps?

Notices

what is killing my fuel pumps?

Old 09-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliminatorshane
This is one thing I'm good at. First off take the Carter's off and throw in the trash. Get you a couple of the aeromotive ss fuel pumps. Now the most important thing is they have to be below the tank or sump!, they can pull but don't like too. The ss pump will stand up to being deadheaded but I would highly recommend a bypass system. You can get a deal from keith eckert if you have to and split your fuel fill hose but I'd prefer a -8 bung welded on tank or they do make a bolt through with neoprene gaskets. Aeromotive would be my first choice but quick fuel makes some nice stuff from what I've seen lately. Holley is ok for stock but I don't use period. Some people build awesome stuff and then go to oreillys and buy the stupidest **** off the shelf for fuel. I have 2 1100 horsepower blown engines and use aeromotive stuff that was designed for pro stocks up to 3000 horsepower. Why??? Spend an extra 5-6 hundred and I don't run out of fuel or worry about failing and detonate.. Why aeromotive? Steve is a friend from when I grew up in Kansas (Merriam) where he started. Millions in r and d for a good product and it's only fuel, Holley,carter, other ps besides manga fuel have their hands in everything but tires!!! Also Weldon makes good stuff" sorry I forgot about that...
What kind of fuel pump does mercury use? Hmm WELDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! WATCH THE GPM TO THE PSI ON THE PUMPS............................. Weldon WILL WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't arguing apache but I've never had or any one I know have a aeromotive quit. And yes Weldon makes good stuff too as you can see I forgot and edited the post or can you read that? Never had a problem with Weldon but I did have to replace the bearing in a friends mti Weldon pump. Doesn't mean **** except it had a bad bearing. Also someone posted about mounting pumps in bilge. The a1000 can be mounted in bilge. Just because mercury uses something don't mean it's the best. Mercury has plenty of problems. It's part of performance boating.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:33 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

In reference to Aeromotive, I have and so did many, back when the 502MPI procharger kit had just been out for a few years. They had a problem with the magnets coming off.

They did nothing for warranty for me and many others.

I put on my old trusty SX pump and never looked back. That SX was on many motors and a dyno. Loved that thing !
Old 09-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Registered

That sucks sb! I've had excellent results. Even before boating when we raced I.H.R.A. We never had a problem. Even the street pumps have been in my street car for 14 years and never failed.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:13 AM
SB
Registered

Yup. Pissed me off for years but I got over it.

Some people ended up with that junk in their injector screens and caused all sorts of havoc. ATI had people run the pump after the seperator......I didn't so I did not have that issue as I always have a pre-filter before pump and a filter after.

I know they make good stuff, so I won't stop someone from purchasing.

I just brought it up because of your statement about them having no issues. I'm here to say they did, and they turned there backs on a good amount of us.

That was many years ago, so.....that was that.

Anyhow, they (he ?) finally fixed them.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

My aeromotive experience was the opposite.

Bought an A1000 for my drag car and I let it sit for around five years while I built my house. I fouled it up by leaving fuel in it for an extended period of time. WAY out of warranty and aeromotive fixed it and shipped it back for FREE.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:17 AM
SB
Registered

Yup, I heard sometime after they where doing some good things customer wise with those pumps.

Guess it took a short time period of a bunch of people getting kicked in the balls thus causing some to kick back, for them to change their thinking.

I may be off a year, but it was around year 2000/2001 when I went thru that.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Registered

Sorry but what I'm sick of is not being able to read what is posted. I said I haven't had any and none with the prostock cars.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow, you guys are getting deep lol. Can we just find this guy a pump that will support a 425HP carb'ed 502.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:18 AM
Registered

Exactly. Makes me wonder if I should of just passed. Just trying to help the guy too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.