Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Parkin
My apologies. the Baja is an 87 and an OMC outdrive. force 250
Runaway....fast.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you can afford to skip the Force models from Baja. They will be almost impossible to resell. I would also skip the omc drives as parts are becoming limited.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Registered

Well then. I may take up downhill skiing.

Kidding aside thanks for the help. Thanks for the information on what to look for.

I am looking to spend approximately 8 to 10K (Canadian) (I think that translates to about 500 US?)

I am going to continue to look into some other boats in the area as pricing drops once the cold breeze off the lake sets in. I will ask more if I have one in particular I am thinking of. Thanks again guys. If any one knows of a good used Canuck version feel free to send my way.

Thanks all appreciate it.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Registered

Stringers were replaced in 2010. not sure who did them though. they do however LOOK ok.

Thanks atitude
Old 09-09-2014, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

I know it's not any of the boats on your list but I know of a 24 Pantera that can be had for around $10,000.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Registered

Last I checked Canadian $$ was worth a little more than US. Not much but a little more.

So, at $8-$10,000 you should be able to find something alotbetter than the choices you had previously mentioned.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely nothing wrong with Volvo outdrives. They are similar to Bravos and work and hold up well behind small block power. Parts are easy to come by and replacement drives can be found pretty cheaply, I have recently bought 2 SP-A drives complete from bell housing to prop for a total of 1500$. In your price range, I'd look for an old Nova or Magnum 27 hull. Just be prepared to replace the transom on any old resin bucket, after 30 some years, water has most likely found its way in,
Old 09-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
If you can afford to skip the Force models from Baja. They will be almost impossible to resell. I would also skip the omc drives as parts are becoming limited.
Just curious as to why you are saying the Force models are hard to resell. I wouldn't think they should be any harder to resell than most other boats of that era. I realize that a deeper V (more deadrise) would be better, but for the size of them (especially in the 235/265 hull length) it is hard to find another boat with as much room as these have, especially in the cockpit. That has been my one major complaint with most of the "go-fast" style hulls. They just don't have any decent cockpit room until you get into something that is over 30 feet. I can sit on my rear bench seat and stretch my legs out - even have room for a big cooler behind the driver's seat. My buddy's 25 Outlaw is like riding in the back seat of my Camaro - my knees are practically dug into the back seat. I guess one reason they move the helm and driver's seat back in the performance hulls is to smooth out the ride - the further back you are, the smoother the ride will feel. I wish Baja had built the Force models with the 24* deadrise - would have been a helluva hull!

I guess it comes down to how you do your boating. If you run mainly smaller lakes and rivers, the Force 235/265 is a great option, especially if you ever overnight on it. I guess if you run a lot on big water and don't overnight, and cockpit room is not a big consideration, best to look at a deep-V hull in a 24/7 type hull.

Not trying to sound like I'm poking at you - just curious about your thoughts behind that statement.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Registered

Because the force models are cosmetically unappealing. They look like they are older than they actually are and last I checked the looks of a boat are the first thing to spark interest when selling.

So, I guess if you are buying and are just looking for a cheap boat then the force models may be the way to go. But I have never seen one that had much appeal even if someone tried to update it.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Registered

Sorry Budman, I was just saying they seem to go up for sale around here and sit on the market forever unless the owner wants to give them away.

There is a 235 near me that is very clean. Big block/bravo boat. On trailer and trailer clean. Been for sale 2 years and is currently priced at $9000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.