Recurring gauge problem - 525EFI >

Recurring gauge problem - 525EFI

Notices

Recurring gauge problem - 525EFI

Old 07-04-2015, 06:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yesterday, I blew another one of the AGI boxes on that same motor. All three motors have these boxes. The starboard and center motor have a CAN bus wire that runs from the dash to the back of the motor right by the ECM and have a plug that looks exactly like the plug on the AGI. The port motor (with the problem) has a "terminator" plug on the end of it near the ECM rather than plug into the harness. This is the second time in a week; something is definitely wrong. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this?
Old 05-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I have a similar problem, port 600SCi runs, but no gauge operation, going to swap the Analog interface module and see if problem goes to SB engine
Old 05-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Where are the AGI boxes? Can they be anywhere in the boat, behind the gauges, or on the engine? Any pics? Im still having the issue with my oil pressure gauge. Gauge reads low, then trails off to zero. I replaced the gauge and all wiring in the gauge cluster. Its crazy that you have had this happen twice.
Rob,
Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
Thanks,
Dean
Old 05-07-2018, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

That was on our 353 Formula I sold the boat and the next owner fixed it by changing AGI box.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

That was on our 353 Formula I sold the boat and the next owner fixed it by changing AGI box.
Thanks for the data Rob!
Old 05-08-2018, 06:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

so my AGI's are Part Number 892486A02, but I can't seem to find them on the web...

Genuine Mercury & Mercruiser parts. Analog Gauge Interface Digital Engines

This is all I can find? Plus I just need the AGI, no the harness also...
Thanks,
Dean
Old 05-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Back in 2014, I spoke with Mercury extensively about this problem and they had told me that they had instances of voltage spikes caused by drive trim pumps and had recommended I put a transient voltage suppressor on the drive trim pump. At the time, all of my 12V accessories including drive trim, trim tabs, etc, were all connected to the port engine battery and the port AGI was the one failing. I installed the TVS and and guess what, I blew another AGI after that. My ultimate solution was to install another battery and run a dedicated circuit to isolate all 12V devices and limit the engine batteries to just starting the engines. I have not had another AGI fail since and that was 3 years ago.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:40 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by HyFive578
Back in 2014, I spoke with Mercury extensively about this problem and they had told me that they had instances of voltage spikes caused by drive trim pumps and had recommended I put a transient voltage suppressor on the drive trim pump. At the time, all of my 12V accessories including drive trim, trim tabs, etc, were all connected to the port engine battery and the port AGI was the one failing. I installed the TVS and and guess what, I blew another AGI after that. My ultimate solution was to install another battery and run a dedicated circuit to isolate all 12V devices and limit the engine batteries to just starting the engines. I have not had another AGI fail since and that was 3 years ago.
H5,
Thanks for the input, hopefully I won't have to go to the same route as you, I hopefully will get my new AGI ordered today, just need to confirm if the part number I have is correct....
Old 05-09-2018, 06:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I researched the AGI box thru Livorsi
Old 05-10-2018, 05:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I researched the AGI box thru Livorsi
Rob,
I talked w/ "Marty" at Livorsi, and we couldn't figure it out, I Bing'd it, and Hardin marine had the data, ended up calling Merc racing, talked with "Allen"and found out that I can't just buy the AGI Module anymore, NOW I have to buy the whole installation kit, P/N: 892486K04...... which has the AGI module in it, along with crap I don't need, gotta love Merc racing!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
892486K04.pdf (701.6 KB, 103 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.