502 burning up water pump impellors.

Notices

502 burning up water pump impellors.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:23 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Post 26

the reason for the external transom water hose to get restricted water flow because of trim angle had to do with

1. the wrong length hose was installed by whomever

2, it was old and lost a lot of its uniform integrity making its strength weak to collapse or bend or fold from trimming the drive.

3. it was not installed properly and or not uninformed routed correctly.

4. the hose connection(s) were not tight enough allowing the hose to move slightly away or turn from its fittings / cavity

I would bet that if you installed a brand new water hose the correct one and installed correctly - that problem would not exist. I am talking about OEM stock set ups and parts here not mix matched parts of systems or modified systems (transom assemblies).

Last edited by BUP; 05-25-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was always struggling to get enough water to the motor when on the hose for anything but idle. I changed to a 3/4 inch ID commercial hose, bumped my house water regulator from 40 to 55 psi. In addition I just got a pair of the merc muffs that have the rod in them that passes through the gills on the drive to ensure good clamping. Since the cups are molded to accept dual water inputs I'm manifolding the two so as to allow more flow through the somewhat anemic hole in the cup where the hose fitting penetrates