Procharged outlaw 25, no getting power to prop >

Procharged outlaw 25, no getting power to prop

Notices

Procharged outlaw 25, no getting power to prop

Old 10-14-2015, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Procharged outlaw 25, no getting power to prop

I have a 1998 Baja outlaw with a procharged 454, bravo I, mercury bravo 28p 4 blade prop. I recently had Brent from BB lab and repair this prop, since Ive gotten it back I cannot get the boat to go over 53mph, I build almost full boost half throttle and am at 4000rpm, which means theres no more throttle I can give it without burning something up. When at 3/4 throttle I hit 4800rpm at 5lbs of boost and this is trimmed all the way down. So trimming up does me no good.

I have good fuel pressure, spark is good, pulleys are tight. I need some idea as to where to look to resolve this. Before the prop, I was running 80-82 at WOT at 5lbs of boost with quite a bit of trim.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks, Dan
Old 10-14-2015, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try a different prop first. Another possibility is that the drive got damaged when the prop did. I'm assuming you got the prop "repaired", not "tweaked" by BBlades.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Your local to me, if you want to borrow a labbed 26 or a std 28 i have to try bfore you put boat away pm me
Old 10-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like something else going on to create that boost at low rpm, boost is just a measure of restriction. Do you have mufflers?

I have switchable teague mufflers on mine that I run at LOW rpm, and if I forget to flip the switch I see similar results to what you are describing. Just a bunch of extra low rpm boost due to exhaust not flowing. Doesn't sound prop related to me.

Something to think about, good luck-
Old 10-16-2015, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a stock 28p prop i need to try hopefully this weekend. The prop and lower unit were new as of two years ago, i sent that prop out to BB to have a few edges with small knicks repaired and then had them lab it to the mods i have looking for them few extra mph. I do not have mufflers on this as the silent choice was removed when the procharger went on. The only changes made this year as opposed to last was removing the speedo and replacing with flush mount GPS and the prop being done by BB.

With that being said, the speedo wouldnt have anything to do with it i wouldnt imagine? I just unhooked the tube from the lower unit and zip tied it off so it wasnt taking on water anymore.

Thanks for the input guys
Old 10-18-2015, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

it stands to reason that if no other changes were made the prop s the problem.as already suggested i would try a different prop to see what it does.