Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
E10 or E15 ethanol blended fuel and aeroquip/earls stainless fuel line problems >

E10 or E15 ethanol blended fuel and aeroquip/earls stainless fuel line problems

Notices

E10 or E15 ethanol blended fuel and aeroquip/earls stainless fuel line problems

Old 10-16-2015, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E10 or E15 ethanol blended fuel and aeroquip/earls stainless fuel line problems

I seem to have premature failure of a few braided stainless lines -6 fuel supply lines are weeping fuel, I have read that ethanol blended fuels are responsible.Has anyone encoutered this and what was the solution,

Thanks

Moxy
Old 10-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the line ethanol rated?
Old 10-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Baja
Is the line ethanol rated?
cant get an answer from aeroquipe, on line forums seem to suggest nothing other than teflon is tough enough to stand up to it, thats a big problem as I have 50 plus hose ends for aqp and they are no good for teflon lined hose.

Moxy
Old 10-16-2015, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Moxy
cant get an answer from aeroquipe, on line forums seem to suggest nothing other than teflon is tough enough to stand up to it, thats a big problem as I have 50 plus hose ends for aqp and they are no good for teflon lined hose.

Moxy
I have used a ton of the Aeroquip push lock hose and never had an issue with it. I believe there are some hoses that are ethanol rated and some that are not.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Black Baja
I have used a ton of the Aeroquip push lock hose and never had an issue with it. I believe there are some hoses that are ethanol rated and some that are not.
ya I have min of 150psi for kinsler FI, not sure if push lock is rated for that, either way hopefully i can get a concrete answer on AQP line so I can reuse my ends

Moxy
Old 10-16-2015, 05:55 PM
Registered

I've ran it at 110psi 210 degrees. Have you tried calling the guys at Kinsler? Those guys are as smart as a whip. Probably best F.I. Guys in the country. I bet they could answer your question. I've asked them many technical questions over the years and they have always been helpful and right on the money with their information.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd take a good hard look at those fittings before reusing them. Ethanol blended fuel doesn't play nice with aluminum alloys.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
I'd take a good hard look at those fittings before reusing them. Ethanol blended fuel doesn't play nice with aluminum alloys.
really good read here http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...ined-hose.html, fittings look fine and are not leaking but thanks for the heads up.

looks like I will redo with aero quip AQP non rubber hose, some fittings are Earl, are they compatable does anyone know.

Moxy
Old 10-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used aeroquip fitting and just regular branded steel hose on the supra for years without issue and that's on e85.
Old 10-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by indysupra
I have used aeroquip fitting and just regular branded steel hose on the supra for years without issue and that's on e85.
dont ask me why but E85 is less corrosive than E10 or E15, you are using steel or braided stainless rubber core?

Moxy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.