Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
K&E 2 pc valve covers leaking all the time >

K&E 2 pc valve covers leaking all the time

Notices

K&E 2 pc valve covers leaking all the time

Old 02-29-2016, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get rid of them I went through that fiasco with them in the past , should o f had wing nuts been on & off so many times with different gaskets & bases , get Teague cover,s .
Old 02-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I had good luck with mine I silicone them to the head with no gasket.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:12 PM
Registered

They SUCK !!!!!
I have 4 sets for sale lol
Old 02-29-2016, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only dealt with one set about 5 yrs ago but I remember it was really difficult to get the o-rings to fit right. I ended up using silicone grease and they finally went into their grooves but it was a battle. Since then they have not leaked a drop.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:13 PM
Registered

I will try some more grease but I tryed that a couple of times I am wondering if there leaking between the head and lower base panel not the cover its self?? They leak so slow and constant I just cant find eaxcutly where the oil is coming from Jim
Old 03-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by cartersfly
I will try some more grease but I tryed that a couple of times I am wondering if there leaking between the head and lower base panel not the cover its self?? They leak so slow and constant I just cant find eaxcutly where the oil is coming from Jim
also,w/ the o-rings,try to get betw the o-ring and the valve cover w/ a pick and go around a couple of times.this should untwist the o-ring and help it go in properly.as your turning the nuts down,tap lightly side to side and top and bottom repeatedly as you tighten up the nuts,at 1 point the cover should just pop in.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:55 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
also,w/ the o-rings,try to get betw the o-ring and the valve cover w/ a pick and go around a couple of times.this should untwist the o-ring and help it go in properly.as your turning the nuts down,tap lightly side to side and top and bottom repeatedly as you tighten up the nuts,at 1 point the cover should just pop in.
He also needs to check out your grinding mod.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepower1
I've only dealt with one set about 5 yrs ago but I remember it was really difficult to get the o-rings to fit right. I ended up using silicone grease and they finally went into their grooves but it was a battle. Since then they have not leaked a drop.
Silicone grease is also what I was using. It was the ford brake grease. Very thick.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by billy boats
They SUCK !!!!!
I have 4 sets for sale lol
Has anyone using the new design I was told they fixed the proplem. I been itching to buy them but don't want to go threw the hassle. . If they fixed them I will buy them..I call and they said KE fixed the proplem but would like to hear first hand.. ANYONE.....
Old 03-03-2016, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by procharged 454
Has anyone using the new design I was told they fixed the proplem. I been itching to buy them but don't want to go threw the hassle. . If they fixed them I will buy them..I call and they said KE fixed the proplem but would like to hear first hand.. ANYONE.....
The new covers work good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.