Maybe they worked something out ?
Old 06-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Would be my guess.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

For those who may be questioning whether or not these heads are junk, I suggest doing your own homework. Not sure if any of you are familiar with Joe Petelle from HVH products, but he has had a hand in this particulars head design. I spoke with Joe in regards to these heads, and while I did not purchase from him, he assured me he has had no issues with these heads.

HVH Products - Cylinder Heads - High Velocity Heads

Ken Abbott of Abbott Racing heads is very knowledgeable on these heads, and has done many, many of these heads on some big power truck pull engines. I also spoke with him regarding these heads, and he has nothing but good things to say about them.

Abbott Racing Heads

Chad Speier . Chad also has used many sets of these heads, and has a CNC program for them I believe.

SPEIER RACING HEADS - SRH Contact/INFO

Eric Weingartner of Weingartner racing. Also has used these heads, and makes some serious airflow with them.

Weingartner Racing

Oso's own Alex Haxby has used these heads as well. A low boost marine 540, 900hp with the 320's, and was happy with them.

About Haxby Speed & Marine | haxbyspeed.com

These guys are not fly by night guys. They have been around the block in this business. Personally, I have zero interest in whether or not EQ sells 10 of these heads, or 10 thousand. The entire purpose of this thread, was to show my experience with them. I paid less than 900 bucks for a pair of these heads bare, shipped to my door. I dont know the exact amount I have in them after porting the chambers, valve job, cleaning , assembly, and parts ready to bolt on, but I can surely say, it was MUCH less, like thousands less, than what a set of Assembled darts or afr's would have cost me. I actually have a valve spring tailored to my application, not a generic catalog spring thats one size fits all, a good quality Durabond exhaust seat (not a basic ductile iron seat), Ferrea super alloy valves, proper spring hardware, and valve guide clearances applicable for my application. Also, if you do decide to buy these heads, you can directly talk to their guy who just gave his direct phone line for any issues one may have.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:17 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

I know Joe and Keith (Dad and Son of HVH) very well. They make stuff for me - been around 16yrs now. Great guys ! Impressive facility(had a meeting there).Anyway, when RHS (Comp Cams) took over the ProAction (from Australia) stuff there where several different issues...one was the rocker stud placement and angle. RHS had HVH help remedy the issues.

So, we all know RHS dumped there cast iron heads, which Engine Quest (EQ) took on.

There is a big world of racing out there that has cast iron head rules....thus why these hi po cast iron heads haven't disappeared altogethe. and why some big names in racing use lots of them.

I have only used some of there small block heads (no untypical issues) and I have not heard of any BBC issues,,,however, we all know in this world schit does and can happen with anything....so, will keep ears open to see if this is a one time issue or if something else is going on.

These recent posts have been interesting. I will say that.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The castings are very nice. I got great power out of them twin 572's
Old 06-02-2017, 09:20 PM
SB
Registered

Can I ask casually what happened with the guy from EQ ? Or did you remove some of your posts for another reason ?

Reason for me asking, is because I have recommended these BBC heads many times and I do not want to risk putting my foot in my mouth, if possible.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We talked. like I said nice castings.no doubt there. Raised exhaust ports, I got great throttle response and power. I had 540 bulldogs, went to 572 with hydraulic roller cam. 237 duration int. 243 ex 640 lift. 9.2 compression. They just need some machine shop tweaking
Old 06-02-2017, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EQ guy

I'm still here. Apparently several of the posts were deleted after a phone call to the frustrated poster. It didn't appear to be doing anyone any good with the back and forth. I will say there is always more to every story. Our position has always been to communicate with our customers. We have been open for business in Chicago for 72 years. I don't suppose we are going anywhere. We have been producing heads in both New Zealand and Queensland Australia since 1999. We have seen several players come and go. Our primary business for over 70 years has been production engine builders and OEM engine builders. That is what has kept us thriving in an up and down market. This head has been worked over by some of the best in the business. We do our best to follow their leads and advice. Again, if you discover any issue that you don't like or that you do like, we are available and interested.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cylinderheadguy
I'm still here. Apparently several of the posts were deleted after a phone call to the frustrated poster. It didn't appear to be doing anyone any good with the back and forth. I will say there is always more to every story. Our position has always been to communicate with our customers. We have been open for business in Chicago for 72 years. I don't suppose we are going anywhere. We have been producing heads in both New Zealand and Queensland Australia since 1999. We have seen several players come and go. Our primary business for over 70 years has been production engine builders and OEM engine builders. That is what has kept us thriving in an up and down market. This head has been worked over by some of the best in the business. We do our best to follow their leads and advice. Again, if you discover any issue that you don't like or that you do like, we are available and interested.
Where's the damn like button already?!? Had my Darts sold, I would be running these heads right now.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:41 PM
SB
Registered

Like.

Lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.