Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   525sc carb rebuild anybody got a part number ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/335831-525sc-carb-rebuild-anybody-got-part-number.html)

Matjluk 03-25-2016 09:38 PM

525sc carb rebuild anybody got a part number ??

Need to rebuild 525sc carb , does anyone know a specific rebuild kit to purchase ? I see lots of Holley rebuild kits and lots of different prices. Looking to rebuild the whole carb , any info would be great thank you .

Matjluk 03-31-2016 06:39 PM

Hellooooo anybody ??

masi242 03-31-2016 07:22 PM

Matt,try posting in another section, someone will point you in the right direction.

ezstriper 04-01-2016 08:21 AM

uses std dominator kit + 1 extra 6.5 power valve

GLENAMY 242SS 04-01-2016 08:42 AM

Matt, Try Allstate carburetor. www.allcarbs.com

oconnor marine 04-01-2016 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Matjluk (Post 4420900)
Need to rebuild 525sc carb , does anyone know a specific rebuild kit to purchase ? I see lots of Holley rebuild kits and lots of different prices. Looking to rebuild the whole carb , any info would be great thank you .

howdy, i have rebuilt a bunch of carbs over the years but for the last about 10 years we use HOBBS carb shop in so nh.
I drop the carb off, they call me a couple days later, we get it paint it with quality engine paint and install it and it works mint/ perfect EVERY time.

28 Windham Rd, Pelham, NH, 03076. Tel: 603-635-2415.

getrdunn 04-01-2016 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by oconnor marine (Post 4423428)
howdy, i have rebuilt a bunch of carbs over the years but for the last about 10 years we use HOBBS carb shop in so nh.
I drop the carb off, they call me a couple days later, we get it paint it with quality engine paint and install it and it works mint/ perfect EVERY time.

28 Windham Rd, Pelham, NH, 03076. Tel: 603-635-2415.

What's the fun in that? If your farming it out decinately go reputable. I've seen a lot of rebuilds most of which where done so called professionally because many people think they're difficult or scared to do. Amazed how many gaskets I see on backwards or pinched. im not implying that here at all and you have a good shop it's just more of a rebuild beware note. I always like to get into them and do my own rebuilds. There fun. Plus lots of little tricks to be done.

oconnor marine 04-01-2016 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by getrdunn (Post 4423455)
What's the fun in that? If your farming it out decinately go reputable. I've seen a lot of rebuilds most of which where done so called professionally because many people think they're difficult or scared to do. Amazed how many gaskets I see on backwards or pinched. im not implying that here at all and you have a good shop it's just more of a rebuild beware note. I always like to get into them and do my own rebuilds. There fun. Plus lots of little tricks to be done.

I agree with you on go with a reputable place. And yes do not be afraid to tackle the job yourself if you have time, mechanical aptitude and patience.

We as a shop dont rebuild them every day. A reputable carburetor shop does like the one I recommended and they dont charge alot and they are 6 miles from the shop! Its a no brainer for us. We have pleanty other work to do and a very, very, short season. I see the question is from someone in Ma too which borders NH.

BUP 04-01-2016 11:14 AM

take the numbers off the carb and match that up with Holley listings for the rebuild kits. You can download this from Holley.

If I recall but double check this 100 % Mercruiser part number 8M0050786

getrdunn 04-01-2016 07:03 PM

W

Originally Posted by oconnor marine (Post 4423461)
I agree with you on go with a reputable place. And yes do not be afraid to tackle the job yourself if you have time, mechanical aptitude and patience.

We as a shop dont rebuild them every day. A reputable carburetor shop does like the one I recommended and they dont charge alot and they are 6 miles from the shop! Its a no brainer for us. We have pleanty other work to do and a very, very, short season. I see the question is from someone in Ma too which borders NH.

Completely understand. I'm sure it would be more cost effective to take elsewhere. up where I'm at it's difficult to even get your oil changed so you have to be a jack of all trades but with that said you can waste a lot of valuable time on such things also.