Oil change with oil cooler under motor >

Oil change with oil cooler under motor

Notices

Oil change with oil cooler under motor

Old 05-23-2016, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Oil change with oil cooler under motor

OK, looking to change my oil, just cant figure out how. The oil coolers are stringer mount under the oil pans and would like to drain the oil from them as well. Any ideas?

Also, I cant suck it out of the dipstick tube because it is too small to fit a suction tube down. Teague cat oil pans btw.

Thanks
Old 05-23-2016, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

If you are determined to suck the oil out just adapt you suction line so it fits over the top of you dip stick tube snug. Regarding the oil in your coolers can you get to the other ends of your lines and blow through to get the majority with the exit hose going into a gallon jug or container. I'm not sure how your lines are routed and if you have oil stats etc. follow your hoses from coolers however they should route to your remote filter mount. With filter off remote mount may also want to zip tie or secure a plastic bag around filter housing also to catch any oil as u blow through hose. With the bag secured around the filter mount U can get away with just removing one line. Get as much as you can however just schedule next change a little sooner to assure your in good shape.

Are you changing to sythetic.

Last edited by getrdunn; 05-23-2016 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:19 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider

Also, I cant suck it out of the dipstick tube because it is too small to fit a suction tube down. Teague cat oil pans btw.

Thanks
How thin is your thinnest tube in your oil change suction thing ? Mine came with a few thin one's.The thinnest will get down most every tube but some engines windage tray's 'cock block it'
Old 05-23-2016, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
How thin is your thinnest tube in your oil change suction thing ? Mine came with a few thin one's.The thinnest will get down most every tube but some engines windage tray's 'cock block it'
I have to meet you some day. You have a way with words that I can appreciate. Can he get to drain plugs and install drain kits. Otherwise old school way - crank up trailer as high as possible or park on an incline and pull the plug and let drain out the stern drain plug into a a bucket/drain pan etc. little simple green and warm water - whalaa.

The pump I use has a lot of versatility mounted on a 5 gallon bucket with lid so suction size hose is no Biggy and fits well over top of dipstick tube.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
If you are determined to suck the oil out just adapt you suction line so it fits over the top of you dip stick tube snug. Regarding the oil in your coolers can you get to the other ends of your lines and blow through to get the majority with the exit hose going into a gallon jug or container. I'm not sure how your lines are routed and if you have oil stats etc. follow your hoses from coolers however they should route to your remote filter mount. With filter off remote mount may also want to zip tie or secure a plastic bag around filter housing also to catch any oil as u blow through hose. With the bag secured around the filter mount U can get away with just removing one line. Get as much as you can however just schedule next change a little sooner to assure your in good shape.

Are you changing to sythetic.
If you are going to do this you will need to prime the system before re-start.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shop-vac
Old 05-23-2016, 08:51 PM
Registered

I had an epiphany, I am going to disconnect a line to the filter adapter and shove my pump hose down to the cooler.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
No, brad penn 20-50
Old 05-23-2016, 08:56 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by class6
Shop-vac
Don't do it with fuel !
Old 05-23-2016, 08:58 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by jrider
no, brad penn 20-50
lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.