Off the shelf Cam- Dyno results >

Off the shelf Cam- Dyno results

Notices

Off the shelf Cam- Dyno results

Old 06-20-2016, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 4,304 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Lightbulb

The OP made good power with an off the shelf cam? MMB please tell him to throw those engines in the garbage.. ****ing junk!!

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 06-20-2016 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added smilie to make sure noones panties got bunched up
Old 06-20-2016, 05:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

So, explain to me why I'm slower after listening and buying parts from Bob? he was HIGHLY recommended and I got screwed, I wish more guys came out with storys like I did before I used him...all the heat I took was WELL worth it... I mean the engines are built within 3 hp and .3 tq of each other dynoed on the same day... And those results SUCKED, all hate and BS aside, bob failed horribly at my target goals, I could have went to summit saved hassle and time with much better results...

Originally Posted by mmb
When a flow bench and dyno go scooting across the lake I will pay attention. His boat slowed down with parts that should have made more real power and it has nothing to do with .050" lift.

Last edited by Full Force; 06-20-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

I agree also on the exhuast. It's still a cruiser, so lots of idle time[/QUOTE]...you've obviously never ridden with me! Lol! Idle -docking and no wake zones only
Old 06-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
The OP made good power with an off the shelf cam? MMB please tell him to throw those engines in the garbage.. ****ing junk!!

I'm lost here. Did I miss something. Or does post refer to something else.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
So, explain to me why I'm slower after listening and buying parts from Bob? he was HIGHLY recommended and I got screwed, I wish more guys came out with storys like I did before I used him...all the heat I took was WELL worth it... I mean the engines are built within 3 hp and .3 tq of each other dynoed on the same day... And those results SUCKED, all hate and BS aside, bob failed horribly at my target goals, I could have went to summit saved hassle and time with much better results...

I've heard of similar experiences which are very unfortunate. Not long ago I heard of a fellow OSO member losing like 6-8 mph in a boat with some 565's or possibly even bigger. I thought he had went from the 651 cams to custom grinds with a lot of upsells from MK. I heard this 2nd hand but from a pretty reliable source. It's understandable to a point that not all can be spot on however it's how it's handled moving forward is key.

I pride myself in custom cam grinds as well as shelf cams. More so shelf cams. There's a lot of R@D out there with multiple shelf cam choices. Making them perform with the proper components is key obviously. i had a lot of great success and few I had to pull over the years. Certainly not afraid to share with others.

I think Bob has a lot of great builds out there as well as feedback. Unfortunately sometimes some simply fail for what ever reason. Just hope for his sake the mistakes are not from incorrect information coming From engine builder.

Not implying that at all here just getting it out there.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:58 PM
Registered

Also where did MMB come in the picture with this?
Old 06-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Registered

Received 4,304 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Originally Posted by getrdunn
I'm lost here. Did I miss something. Or does post refer to something else.
MMb thinks no one can make any power with an off the shelf cam .(most of the Bob builders can`t pull out his cams fast enough and make more power)

Not all Butt Hurt bobby thou, Jones came up with some tiny cam for me too. It would have worked great in a ski boat I`m sure, I`ll stick with my 651.

Originally Posted by mmb

If my SUPERCHARGED **** made 900hp at 6500 I would throw it in the damn trash can - that is a joke right there.

Trash day is wednesday if anyone is driving by...

Old 06-22-2016, 04:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think Bob has a lot of great builds out there as well as feedback. Unfortunately sometimes some simply fail for what ever reason. Just hope for his sake the mistakes are not from incorrect information coming From engine builder.

Not implying that at all here just getting it out there.
In my case I am the builder, I used Bob because he was recommended to "design" my heads, cam, and valvetrain combo...I got a weak recipe and one for potential disaster. lifter to bore clearance advice I asked about was off, and the "custom made for me and marine use" heads were not made custom at all, just had Inconel valves... he bashed me to others behind the scenes and also guys said "any engine builder should know better" well I am not a builder by trade and Bob knew that, he should have made some different choices in advice knowing that....

it's over now, engines run great and I am boating, however to spend 35,000 and go slower sure still hurts...
Old 06-22-2016, 04:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

with my situation? he told me I was an idiot and could not build things right, that all coming from a guy who wiped out 2 engines during the same time... love the internet lol

Also where did MMB come in the picture with this?
Old 06-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
In my case I am the builder, I used Bob because he was recommended to "design" my heads, cam, and valvetrain combo...I got a weak recipe and one for potential disaster. lifter to bore clearance advice I asked about was off, and the "custom made for me and marine use" heads were not made custom at all, just had Inconel valves... he bashed me to others behind the scenes and also guys said "any engine builder should know better" well I am not a builder by trade and Bob knew that, he should have made some different choices in advice knowing that....

it's over now, engines run great and I am boating, however to spend 35,000 and go slower sure still hurts...

I'm STILL trying to figure out how Bob could design a cam that is "spot on" for my build but "miss" on yours....
.. I keep wondering if there's something else going on we're not catching.. (ie: cam timing, rocker geometry. etc..)

I DO have 15 cubic inches on you (555 cid) but I think about a full point less compression (I'm at 8.6:1)
I believe we have the same heads.... AFR 325 cnc..
My cam is a bit smaller .644 in .629 ex. Lift. Duration 239 in 246 ex @ .050 as it's spec'd for a blower
and we made about the same power N/A.... I dyno'd mine wet with Eddie Marine exhaust...

Maybe it's because I essentially built my engine in my living room, and as ya'll say, the cam was designed at a kitchen table.. LOL

P.S. Congrats to the O/P on an awesome build

Last edited by Boatally Insane; 06-22-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.