Codes 42 and 43 on 502 MAG MPI. 1995 SN OF764XXX >

Codes 42 and 43 on 502 MAG MPI. 1995 SN OF764XXX

Notices

Codes 42 and 43 on 502 MAG MPI. 1995 SN OF764XXX

Old 05-26-2017, 08:06 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Any impact damage on the prop(s) / repaired and or lower unit and or hull bottom exactly the same from day one of your ownership ?

How about raising the engine hatch a bit while running the water to see if rpm picks up and speed ?
Old 05-26-2017, 08:11 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

clearing codes is not going to do anything period - fixing current real fault codes can help with any engine performance

Cap and rotor and coil - if you are in high humid areas then I would change those as well
Old 05-26-2017, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Original sea trial was 68mph in VA. Next weekend in New Orleans, only ran 65. Oddly enough, she couldnt spin the 25m+ that came on her down here!, but ended up labbing a set of 24p B1s. Consistently ran 62-63 loaded and 65 light in spring with just me.
Then when I had issue wiht SB motor where I lost rpms after 40 miles across lake coming back from tickfaw 200 and came to idle, she revved fine, so she recovered and ran 67.4 was odd. I changed TPS on SB then found codes on P motor, replaced Map and Knock, rerouted knock wire as it was running between plug wires and codes didnt come back.
Before, codes 33, 42 adn 43 would pop when I cranked only. If I cleared while idling, it would not throw codes. I started several times and ran for about 15 mins on hose and didnt throw any codes again.
So now, neither engine has or is throwing codes. I do not know how long the codes were on there.

SB codes never reappeared once cleared, but P did, which I changed map first with no affect. Paperwork from dealer that changed engines lists new map, but didnt specify which engine with new long blocks. (80 hours)
Once I changed knock, codes would not come back.....

So, its kind of wierd that I ran up to 67 when down here, she never ran more than 63 loaded before. Odd...