Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Q & A (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q-20/)
-   -   AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-q/340844-afr-325-flow-sheets-anyone-ever-flow-these-heads.html)

Full Force 08-31-2016 03:02 PM

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

I have afr 325CC heads, want to see what the REALLY FLOW, not whats advertised.... CNC chamber and bowls, otherwise stock

getrdunn 08-31-2016 03:16 PM

There was an old thread some time ago where valako flowed them without cheater pipe and was not as claimed. It was either these or the 315's. I will find it and post link.

vintage chromoly 08-31-2016 03:23 PM

Take one off and give it to bills dad Tim.
His friend with the cam doctor also has a flow bench and he flows all our stuff.
Very reasonable!

I know he flowed an AFR head some time ago and it didn't flow the numbers advertised. Not sure what head, but it was an out of the box AFR.

vintage chromoly 08-31-2016 03:26 PM

Also, depends on what cylinder you flow.

Full Force 08-31-2016 03:42 PM

I may if I decide to get that serious about changing combo, starting to gather facts...

vintage chromoly 08-31-2016 03:50 PM

If you really want to maximize the heads, have Mr. Klein put the full port and blend to them. Have him do the intakes too.
Let bill set them up and have them flowed.

Have you talked to different cam grinders and gotten vastly differing opinions on cam specs? I.E the 108 idea.

Full Force 08-31-2016 04:07 PM

not gonna go crazy doing all that, but I feel cams can really help...as far as the 108 thing, came into my head because I did my Ford engine years ago on a 108, ran way better then expected, cam motion cam..Bill told me to do it for more TQ

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly (Post 4477178)
If you really want to maximize the heads, have Mr. Klein put the full port and blend to them. Have him do the intakes too.
Let bill set them up and have them flowed.

Have you talked to different cam grinders and gotten vastly differing opinions on cam specs? I.E the 108 idea.

vintage chromoly 08-31-2016 04:12 PM

I'd consider putting solid rollers on the cams you have if you want to try something without getting crazy.
Probably pull more RPM

Full Force 08-31-2016 04:37 PM

what would power difference be? don't really need the rpm, but more power, part of the reason for a cam change is I am worried about long term life with these, others have had issues with similar grinds..

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly (Post 4477189)
I'd consider putting solid rollers on the cams you have if you want to try something without getting crazy.
Probably pull more RPM

vintage chromoly 08-31-2016 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Full Force (Post 4477195)
what would power difference be? don't really need the rpm, but more power, part of the reason for a cam change is I am worried about long term life with these, others have had issues with similar grinds..

All the more reason to take the heads off and evaluate what's been going on and if your worries about the valvetrain are a real concern. You have enough time on the engines that, if the cams are doing damage, you should see evidence by now.